Stewart's Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Saratoga Springs, NY).

Interview

Filled out an online personality screening, was emailed about an interview. Had the on-site (HQ) interview and was told they would let me know my applicant status within 2 weeks. Never heard anything again. Have since had 4 other interviews at other companies and accepted a job elsewhere.

Interviewer was nice but clearly inexperienced, in a first-job sort of way. Explained they don't have vacation time other than one week per year (for a corporate position!) or any other benefits to offer besides a retirement plan. I got a distinct feeling that this is a micromanaged company that does not respect it's employees.

I left the interview knowing I would not pursue the process any further with this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Saratoga Springs, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy and casual. I was set up to meet one on one with the head of the financial services department. HR was very accommodating in the entire process. The interview was maybe ten minutes asking questions about my resume and what I expect to get out of this process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Kingston, NY).

Interview

You first sit down with the manager of the store (at which you applied). They ask you questions based on your application. After your approved you than goto another interview with someone who is either corporate, district staff or another manager. If approved by both parties you than are asked to sign paperwork for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Stewarts?   1 Answer

Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops.

Interview

We met at the shop that I applied in and sat at a booth. The process was just a conversation with the shop manager and then with the district manager. We discussed customer service, past work experience and preferred work schedule.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schuylerville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Schuylerville, NY).

Interview

They have a two interview process. First you usually go into the shop where you applied and have an interview with the manager of that shop. Then a few days later you will have another interview in another shop within the same district. The interviews are fairly easy. Most of the managers are very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at stewarts shops?   1 Answer

Shop Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Troy, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

fill out the application and turn it in (i turned it in to the shop I wanted to work in) or apply online - if they're interested the process is multiple interviews, background check, drug test then orientation if your background & drug test is clean

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying for this position?   1 Answer

Shop Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a laid back interview, which made it more conversational. We met in the shop so the manager was able to show me some of the job functions in person. It made it more comfortable talking in a booth versus a stuffy conference room.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Stewart's?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The interviewer was completely unprepared. I was told that the original interviewer was "out sick" but later learned she was on vacation. The individual I met with immediately tried to push me into applying for an associate role, which is part-time with lower pay. Asked to meet halfway on pay and get a set schedule, to which I was met with an eye roll and sigh. Still interested in the company, but they need to clean up this act. I was not thrilled to be treated so unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use the microphone to talk to individuals pumping gas?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

very detailed and professional and friendly as well,
    going through my resume and work history in details and modifying my qualifications with job describtion and asking questions about stewart's shops history and what informations i KNOW about the company. and scheduled for a second interview with a higher level from the company.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking in stewart's shops?   1 Answer

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Round Lake, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There is a two interview process and drug test. You also have to go through a background check. It takes a couple of weeks. Then a two-day orientation.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person you are and how you work in a fast-paced environment.   1 Answer