Student Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Student Media Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Student Media Group

2.4

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Student Media Group in April 2014.

Interview

I liked the interview process. Either a manager or the CEO calls you. IT is just 1-2 phone interviews. Pretty straightforward. Tell me about yourself, why this job, why sales, what are you looking forward to the most. They make you feel relaxed and are genuinely wanting to get to know you as a person, which makes you feel more comfortable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE).

Interview

The interview process was easy and natural. The recruiter is very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview process is pretty quick, and they let you know if they're interested pretty fast. You get to speak to a couple recruiters so you get a good idea of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have in Sales?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Student Media Group in May 2016.

Interview

Found a list on internships at my college. Expressed interest and was contacted by an employee at SMG. Then I had a skype interview with the second guy in charge and finally a phone interview with the CEO. Be prepared to talk about yourself a lot, answer questions about your values in life and be able to do a quick sales pitch regarding their product (student planner). The process will take about 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who thinks planners are pointless and everyone uses their phone/laptop to keep track of things nowadays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and came in for a group interview. Process was straight forward and everyone was very nice. Come prepared and do your research. Overall process was positive and not that long.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE).

Interview

I received a call within a week of submitting my application and had a phone screening, phone interview, and two in person interviews. I found the entire hiring and interview process to be absolute stand-outs. I felt as though the company was genuinely trying to learn more about me and what I could bring to the table in a way that made me feel relaxed rather than anxious and nervous. The in person interviews were FUN and truly made me want to work for them even more than when I first applied. It was so much more like having a conversation than management grilling and judging me.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was what theme song they would play for me if I were a pro baseball player coming up to bat!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a very interesting process. Taking a very short amount of time, with a quick offer after 2 phone interviews. The office culture was cold calling, and leads usually just hung up.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you are involved in in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not take it.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview, which was cool and i was very comfortable with it and it definitely prepared us for the type of work we were doing. got to know others i would be working with and was able to tell how well we would be able to work together

Interview Questions

• I'm going to give you a letter, you describe yourself using a word that begins with that letter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

Application followed by a brief phone call to screen candidates. Lastly a phone interview with regional manager. Phone interview lasted about an hour. Got a call back the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions

• Gives you a three prong statement and asks you to describe each prong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Student Media Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail informing me of the companies hiring process. The email was very informative and didn't leave you guessing if the managers even saw your application. Received a pre-screening phone call about 2 weeks later. Was asked to schedule a phone interview the following week. Approximately 45 minute phone interview. Received offer a few weeks later with an orientation email and further instructions to attend training in Delaware.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer explained how listening was important, and then asked a three prong question regarding listening. This question keeps you on your toes and makes sure you're really participating in a professional conversation and not just planning your next response.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position is commission based with pre-determined compensation percentages.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Media Group.

Interview

Three step process, all on cyber interviews. The first was on the phone and brief. The second was a phone interview and more in depth. They targeted in on how I would fit into the company culturally. the final interview was on Facetime with the director of sales. That was the most intimidating but it was only 20 minutes. More sales related questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you failed and explain how you overcame it?   Answer Question