Suffolk Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suffolk Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later, heard back to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and the hiring manager mentioned bringing me back to meet the team. Seems like things are going in the right direction, right? Nope! A lot of follow up and an eventual auto email from the recruiting team saying I did not get the job. When I followed up with the recruiter to ask for feedback, he said he didn't have any. Advice to TA team - If you bring someone in, at least give them a personal courtesy email, if not a call. I have a bad taste in my mouth, which is disappointing as so many rave about the company.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview did not really feel like an interview, it was a lot like talking to friends. The managers I interviewed were very friendly and made you feel comfortable the entire time I was there. I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in construction?   1 Answer

Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction.

Interview

I had my first interaction with Suffolk at my school during an information session. I met a few employees there at which time they encouraged me to apply online. I was scheduled for a phone interview a couple of months later. I then was scheduled for an in person interview where I met with 5 employees on various levels. I met with each employee individually for about 15 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for Suffolk?
      What areas of construction management are you interested in/where do you see yourself fitting in with Suffolk (not exact wording of question)? (estimating, project management, scheduling, etc.)   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a smooth transition. It was a relatively quick turn around and the multiple interviews were clearly identified beforehand. I met with HR, corporate manager of scheduling, and the team on site.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview process consisted of two steps. The first step was a phone conversation that last roughly a half hour. I described my work history and future ambitions. The next steps was an onsite interview at the Boston office with a couple of full time employees. I was asked several personal and professional oriented questions during my conversations. I felt like Suffolk was interested in not only what I have done, but who I am.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers say about you?   1 Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with Suffolk Regional Director to setup the Interview process. Interviews were done in Miami job site and Broward, and I was given the ability to leverage my experience and talent management and senior executives throughout the company.

Interview Questions

• My previous experience and well specific how to deal with dynamic situations on and off sites   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Everett, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Not overly complicated. Internal HR found me on Linkedin and cold email me. I knew about Suffolk thru their reputation but was hesitant because of their reputation of working their employees at the cost of their family life. I told them I was not overly interested but HR rep convinced me to take a chance to interview since it was a low cost / high return scenario. I met with hiring manager and was about a 1.5 hr interview. I met several other senior level people also.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of technical question and was getting a sense of how competent I was with construction as well as local culture.   1 Answer

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My 1st interview was on the phone, and the 2nd was with a panel. I appreciated that employees directly involved with the project had attended since I'd be working with them more closely. I've had interviews with a company where the panel consisted of a President, Vice-President, and Field Operations Manager. None of those individuals I'd ever see or work with again during my time with the company. It's an interview for the company too, so they had to win me over too.

The interview had fair questions. I believe it was just to gain an understanding of my experience, what I knew, and how I work. They had a lot to say about how they work. By the end of the interview I was more than excited to start. There was no talk about compensation or benefits. That was discussed on the phone after I was offered the job.

VDC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got a call from a regional corporate recruiter to discuss my background & experience. Was called in a few days later to have a formal sit down interview with a panel of team members such as PMs, Superintendent, Regional VDC Manager.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction in February 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email to have a phone interview within the week. The phone interview was 45 minutes, I was sent an email the next week for a second in person interview. The interview was in 2 weeks and in the main SF office full suit formal interview. Interview was Tuesday I was offered the job Friday and started in another 2 weeks. The process took about 3 months from when applied to starting. The only reason I described the interview process as difficult is because the culture here is very one of a kind and you either fit in immediately or not so luckily I was a great fit and enjoyed the interview and people.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: A 23 story high rise has 20 drains on the roof and they need to go down one pipe to the ground level and then split exactly into two separate drains below on the street. How do you split it into two separate drainage even if it is raining on one side of the roof?   1 Answer