Suffolk Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in August 2020.

Interview

Process was thorough and informative. Opportunity to meet different people throughout the organization. Began with a phone call, then come "in person" / Teams calls. It was a two-way street - them learning about me, but I also learned a great deal about them.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background / experience   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

The interview process consisted of two screening phone calls with recruiters, one phone interview with the Manager of Data Science and a round of in person interviews with 4 members of the team.

Senior Director Interview

Interview

I made it to the final round of interviews but in both rounds prior the interviews were cut short during our time. Disrespectful for the amount of prep time spent.

Interview Questions

Suffolk Construction Response

Dec 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are disappointed to learn of your experience given our commitment to providing an exceptional experience to all of our candidates. We value your time and interest in Suffolk and would welcome an opportunity to learn more. Please contact Jackie Lewis at jlewis@suffolk.com.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction.

Interview

Very inconsiderate and unresponsive. Took about 2 months to schedule two 30 min behavioral interviews, and HR kept delaying scheduled interviews without letting me know. Seems like a great company, but should really look to improve the way they engage prospective new hires.

Interview Questions

Suffolk Construction Response

Nov 19, 2020

Thank you for your time and interest in Suffolk and our Business Analyst position. We are sorry to learn of your experience. We are committed to creating an exceptional candidate experience and would welcome the opportunity to learn more from you. Please contact Jackie Lewis, VP of Talent Acquisition at jlewis@suffolk.com and / or Melissa McMahon, SVP of People & Culture at mmcmahon@suffolk.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in November 2020.

Interview

Met several leaders of the company, which was enjoyable - you really understood the culture of the company during the interview process. Interviews were about an hour long and questions were generally geared toward "tell me about a time." The interviews were very conversational in nature and you felt at ease answering your questions and telling your story. Due to the COVID-19 situation, all interviews were done over Teams, which was easy to setup.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was quick. Question were in reference to my professional experiences and a time I had to deal with a difficult challenge while working with others and how did I overcome.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you did at xyz?   1 Answer

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in September 2020.

Interview

Telephone screening interview and preliminary interview by recruiter. Series of virtual and in-person interviews. All were very well organized, engaging and welcoming as a candidate. There was a great cross-section of both peers (those I work with every day) and those I report up to involved in the various conversations. The support staff at Suffolk was incredibly friendly and accommodating - and made me feel warmly welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background and interest in business development   1 Answer

Cost Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction.

Interview

Good and interview was smooth and pretty easy. Be prepared and focus on job duties and focus on portfolio of the company and branch before the interview to get good results

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in August 2020.

Interview

I went through 3 interview process, my first interview was with the hiring manager whom I spoke for almost an hour and then came the director of IT innovation followed by the Network Architect for Suffolk construction and the Senior Field Engineer . My final interview was with the director of Security for Suffolk infrastructure and I will say the whole interview process was super amazing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly centered on Network architectures and how to troubleshoot network with scenarios. You have to know your stuff cold in other to pass their interview.   1 Answer
    • I have been here at Suffolk Construction for only three and half months but I feel at home, the people are very nice and the culture at the company is super amazing, especially with my new manager and the entire IT term. The energy is amazing   Answer Question

Career Start Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction in August 2020.

Interview

Went through several rounds of various individuals, all of who were extremely nice and interested in me. The interview was focused on my soft skills, ability to work with others, and teachability.

Interview Questions

• What drives you and makes you interested in working here   Answer Question