Suffolk Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was professional and organized. After an initial phone interview I was able to meet with them in person the same week. I was able to meet with a number of people in supervisory roles to get a real feel for the company and they could get a feel for me from a few different perspectives so we were both sure that this would be a good fit for all parties.

Interview Questions

• If I was open to learning new ways of doing things, of solving conflicts before they occur in the field.   2 Answers

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My 1st interview was on the phone, and the 2nd was with a panel. I appreciated that employees directly involved with the project had attended since I'd be working with them more closely. I've had interviews with a company where the panel consisted of a President, Vice-President, and Field Operations Manager. None of those individuals I'd ever see or work with again during my time with the company. It's an interview for the company too, so they had to win me over too.

The interview had fair questions. I believe it was just to gain an understanding of my experience, what I knew, and how I work. They had a lot to say about how they work. By the end of the interview I was more than excited to start. There was no talk about compensation or benefits. That was discussed on the phone after I was offered the job.

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiter who had originally approached me first. She was very poised and professional. She offered me a chance to ask any questions before the interview continued and did a great job describing the culture and environment at Suffolk. The hiring manager I met was very knowledgeable and friendly. He did a nice job outlining the position and what my responsibilities would entail. The recruiter than walked me out and followed up with me a few days later. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel for a job, did I have experience with BIM 360 and what my growth path desire was.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by senior accountant, controller and CFO. Senior accountant asked for past experience and relevant skills, and then gave a description of job responsibilities. Controller is the 2nd interviewer, who majorly asked for why Suffolk and your own strength. Last interviewer is CFO, who asked a lot about personalities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose corporate accounting, not public accounting?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction.

Interview

I had my first interaction with Suffolk at my school during an information session. I met a few employees there at which time they encouraged me to apply online. I was scheduled for a phone interview a couple of months later. I then was scheduled for an in person interview where I met with 5 employees on various levels. I met with each employee individually for about 15 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for Suffolk?
      What areas of construction management are you interested in/where do you see yourself fitting in with Suffolk (not exact wording of question)? (estimating, project management, scheduling, etc.)   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted by a recruiter who referred me to someone from internal HR. I spoke to the HR person for an on phone assessment and was invited in to do a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked typical interview questions for this type of position. My level of experience with various technologies and what I was looking for. Also asked about change management, wanted to know the hire understood they could not make changes on the fly.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with HR recruiter who was very approachable and easy to speak with; then i met with a rotation of team members who were from different areas within the company. Received an offer within 2 weeks.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then had an interview with a manager followed by talking to former new hires in the company which they talked about their experience in applying for their jobs at Suffolk and how they're experiences were going after they had been working for a short duration. It was very informal when the younger hires came in.

Senior Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I Was promised everything from bonuses to guaranteed promotions none of which came true. They lied about their backlog, and employee acquisition. Was told I would be the lead person in the company with my position all lies. The interview was with a former coworker who had no business selecting employees as he has no clue how to build

Interview Questions

• If we give you an offer and you accept, we need a promise that you will not change your mind if your current employer offers you more   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suffolk Construction (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews in October with Anna Katz & Randy. Both interviews were pleasant and painless. Then, I met with Patrick Blizzard in Nov. at Starbucks because the office was under construction.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Suffolk?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. I would advise others to accept any offer to work for Suffolk. So far it is a great place to work.