Sumitomo Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumitomo Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation.

Interview

Had a phone interview then never heard from them again. The interview was very lax and relaxed. I thought it was a bit strange however how short the interview was. It lasted about 12 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school? Why our company? In what environments do you thrive?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

One on-site technical interview. No generic HR questions. Mostly involved discussion of how to improve production in the company. The interviewers were so good and gave attention to every answer given.

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Formal Interview with tour of plant. An hour of discussion and hour of tour throughout the facility. Enjoyable with relevant questions. Very knowledgeable about the entire manufacturing process. Comfortable and relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions based off of job experience and job requirements.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed and hired as an executive assistant. The job then changed into something else. They don't warn you before changes are made nor do they care.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation.

Interview

Resume review. In person interview.

The interviewers were polite and friendly.

However they had a high expectation and different thoughts about this position which was beyond the scope of an administrative assistant role.

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Marysville, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied April 2016 and was called a month later in May to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview I was emailed (same day) to set up a face to face interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was with the HR Mgr, Sales MGR and the person with the current position that you'd be working with. Interviewed was easy, the Sales MGR spoke most of the time and the HR Mgr could barely get a word in. The current employee was completely unprofessional- from attire to the things they said. After a couple questions, I had a tour of the building. I was there for about 2 hours. The HR MGR said they'd get back to me in about a week or so after they did the background checks. None of my professional references were contacted and after 6 weeks I gave up trying to call them back to check the status of my application. It was such a letdown that the HR dept could not even get back to me to let me know that I wasn't picked- as I assume that I wasn't- this seems to be the biggest problem nowadays. So be ware this company interview process is very long and they are not professional in returning any calls or emails I left for the couple weeks after I was told I'd hear something back.

Interview Questions

• Asked about each prior job I had and why I left. Asked what salary I was looking for. Why I wanted this position. How would I handled a disgruntled person?   Answer Question

Supervisory Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was nothing out of the ordinary. The people seemed very nice. The Interview lasted for approximately 35 min and was a panel interview. I used a recruiter, however, I did not feel that this job was a fit for me and expressed that immediately following the interview to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain the types of special projects you have been involved with.   Answer Question

Preventative Maintenance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Tonawanda, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal and the "Reliability Engineer"asked some inappropriate questions that HR allowed. I was walked around by another manager that didn't really know what position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some cool things that happened to you while in the military.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive, detailed and long. Lots of paperwork to be filled out, with a complete history of my professional background. I met with two recruiters and a senior vice president as well. The interview process lasted about one hour. I as asked many questions about my present job and I was also given the opportunity to ask many questions as well.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Novi, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied for a different position, never worked in automotive. The HR department told me that they would like me to come in and interview for something else - however, when I asked for position details, they said they would let me know at the interview. At the interview they gave me no more info and lead off with the first question of why do you want this job. When I answered rather vaguely about the company, I was told off rudely "Well its clear you don't want the position specifically" even though I knew nothing about it. After talking to people a few years later it seems it's indicative of their company culture and glad I dodged a bullet on that one.