Sumitomo Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumitomo Corporation Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was generally organized, with some delay in response and proper arrangement. There were some moments where I was ignored with no proper response or apologies for postponement of interview appointment.

Interview Questions

• - Why are you moving out?
      - Why did you leave your previous jobs?
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

2 round interview one with indian head and the other with a Japanese head of engineering. First questions were asked based on my past experience followed by a small written test asking basic questions about gearbox and gearbox calculations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Totally three interviews and one final interview with the senior management.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward - very positive to learn background of yourself.   Answer Question

Chemical Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2012.

Interview

There were three panel members and overall atmosphere was static and quite hierarchical. It would be more appropriate to very formally dress up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle the man-oriented nature of the business?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

3 stage interview process with different participants from HR, accounting department (manager). Interview was well organised. I would recommend to work in this department as it gives good experience. good team

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (London, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews with Sumitomo Corporation Europe, true to Japanese culture they were very thorough. Which was a good thing for both parties involved. few interviews were general skills and meeting HR, competency based questions and a few technical questions in relation to the role. Couple other interviews were more focused and requested a presentation of reports explaining information in the report. After some negotiation and a long time taken to make the decision an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Explaing PPS   1 Answer
    • Where would you start with rating a dodgy counterparty   1 Answer

Negotiation

very long, in true Japanese style they took their time a carefully considered what they wanted to do.

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Corporation (Kraków (Poland)) in September 2009.

Interview

phone call, then interview in house with 2 managers, then waiting the phone call, got it one week later, then second interview with 2 managers, as before plus top manager from Japan, the discussion with one of managers about remuneration, difficult, Japanese negotiators are very hard and not flexible at all, either you accept the salary proposed, or you are rejected, it's a matter of honor and dignity, be enthusiastic and very precise

Interview Questions

• basically no difficulties, simple questions about the proceeding carrrier and motivation to work at Sumitomo   Answer Question

Negotiation

don't give up, try to negotiate, but finally accept what they propose, otherwise you lose everything