Sun Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.7

Finance Related Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sun Chemical.

Interview

HR person contacted me after I submitted my resume online. Set up a phone interview for later that week. Interview was extremely awkward with the second question of the interview asking about the salary I posted online. They said it was too high and I said that it was negotiable but with a long awkward silence on their end. Not sure what they were expecting, it seemed like a high pressure situation in order to try to get me to say a drastically low number. Whatever the case, I would not bother with a company that negotiates salary as the second question of an interview.

Chemist II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sun Chemical.

Interview

Process took 3 months. Originally contacted by a recruiter for a different position but was overqualified. Got a call back asking if I was interested in a position they would be creating for my skill set. Interviewed first with the recruiter to get my education, experience, skills, salary requirements, references, etc, which saves time since the recruiter handles all of the transfer of information to the potential employer as well as the negotiations. First communication was as telephone interview with a nice lady from human resources and was invited for an in-person interview. Sun Chemical does take their time interviewing, so patience is required. Met with human resources as well as the director of labs with the interview focusing more on personality and less on technical knowledge. After 2 weeks I was invited back for a second interview which focused primarily on my skills set and technical knowledge. A complete plant and lab tour was included and was introduced to the employees working on the site. Human resources was readily available to answer any questions regarding benefits, etc.
    After about a week I received a call from my recruiter stating the company was interested in me and therefore started the negotiation process. In about two weeks time I received a final offer letter and agreed on a start date, all dependent upon passing a pre-employment drug and background check which is handled by a third party.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation at work and how you handled it   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical.

Interview

Phone interview lasted around an hour, really nice lady conducting it made it a lot easier. Had the phone interview then a week later scheduled for in person interview. Phone interview asked pretty simple questions, nothing really technical about the position. In person interview was much more in depth and answered my questions about the technicality of the position. Overall great experience and really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything you would like to tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical (Amelia, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through a job board on Friday and was called for an interview on Monday. Casual interview process, meet with the technical manager and quality control supervisor. Gave me a tour of the facility and showed me what exactly does the job consist of. Fairly straight forward questions, most having to do with how do you interact with people, specifically negative interactions. Informed at the end of the interview that the job post has to be active for 30 days and subsequently was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Chemical (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed with one manager and one marketing coordinator. The interview last around 40 minutes in Cincinnati location. Most of questions are pretty basic and go through your resume. like our biggest strengtheners and weakness. What kinds of skills set you have?

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical.

Interview

Straight-forward, typical questions for an entry level position. Ask about classroom experience as well as how comfortable you are working in an office. Questions about familiarity with Excel, Word, and rest of Microsoft Office. Had one screening with an HR representative on the phone followed by one interview with three individuals.

Application

Interview

In retrospect, the company does not understand how to pitch and interview a candidate with an advanced degree. The HR is non-technical and defers all questions, the hiring manager/host is non-existent through the day and there is no chance to meet any of your peers or junior staff, only high level managers. An overall structure of the company businesses and operations is not presented, as if it were too secret to pass along. Only rarely does the candidate have to provide a presentation and when done, it is met by a room full of blank stares. Follow up with the candidate is slow, mine was several weeks, then another month before an offical offer was extended. The actions do not match the conversation of how excited they were to get me on-board. The position was not what I interviewed for after the first week. I gave it some time to improve but had to move on before my career became stagnant without technical challeges or paths to success.

Interview Questions

• Really were no questions that were difficult, only textbook questions like what was your most important achievement, asked by all 6 interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very long and would not recognize they were 20% below market average for the position and degree and industry. Would not negotiate on vacation or bonus up front to make up for the low salary

Research and Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlstadt, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical (Carlstadt, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

The department head came to my school to interview students that were interested in the position. After this interview, there was a second round of interviews that involved bringing the students to the site to tour the facilities and do a final interview.

The department head headed the interview process. He seems to place all collegiate applicants on the same level unless they have extensive research on their resumes. He seemed to be looking for friendly, honest kids that wanted to learn and could fit in with the friendly company culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, so I submitted my resume and was called in for an interview. It was Pretty Straight forward. I had a panel interview with my potential Manager, HR assistant and HR manager. They took turns asking questions about my work history and what I was looking for in a new job. They made me feel very comfortable. Two days after my interview, I was offered the position.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Chemical (Northlake, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with superiors for open discussion about my prior experience. I was asked specifically what challenges I face in Purchasing. Also, what my good characteristics were vs. bad.

Interview Questions

• For examples of past negotiations that went well.   1 Answer