Sun Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.2

Director of RV Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied at the end of September and was called by the recruiter for the phone interview within 2 weeks. I felt I had all of the right experience and background in tourism marketing the phone interview couldn't have went better and was shocked I heard I was not being brought in for a face-to-face interview after waiting a week and a half for the response. The recruiter liked me and said that she thought I would be an asset, but the hiring manager selected someone else to move forward with.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Tyler, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Talking about myself and the job available. And, what did you do and what is your favorite thing yo do in this postion or business? What type of system did you use in leasing answering the traffic from the telephone to walk ins, and did you do more that your position to help a busy co-worker out? How do you feel about that.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Orange City, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

There were several pointed questions to verify my ability for this job which I liked. The manager made me feel very much at ease and allowed me time to discuss any questions that I had for him.

Interview Questions

• What my knowledge was regarding 723   1 Answer

Gate Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Casa Grande, AZ).

Interview

Filled out Indeed.com application
    Received phone call interview screening
    Went to the site for another in person interview with the manager
    Completed a drug screen
    Started working and training

Overall the hiring process was easy and so was the Interview process. They asked simple questions about how you work with customers, guests, employees. Also how you would direct others in the resort.

Interview Questions

• How would you give directions to a new guest   1 Answer

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Southfield, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

HR Talent Recruiter met with me to convince me to take the job. I did not want it. The regional accounts go through hell. This place is in chaos.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Naples, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Loved the Manager that was hiring at the time (she got fired later when the employer found out she was ill). She told me I was her choice but her boss, the Regional didn't want someone of my age (in my fifties) but wanted a young man in his early 20's! I got the job because it was discovered he was stealing from the location he was going to be promoted from!

Interview Questions

• How long will you be happy being in this position before seeking a promotion?   1 Answer

Office Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online through their website. After that you had to take two tests. First one was a math test and the second test was a personality test. The next day I received an email wanting to set up an interview. I selected the only date and time that was really available.

Well... The interviewer never called me or sent out an email apologizing for the miss interview. To be honest I wouldn't want to work for a company that has such disregard for someones time.

Grounds Keeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Fond du Lac, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and done by phone. They asked some basic information questions and what experience I had. The phone call interview was set at a scheduled time frame. Some of the hiring process was somewhat difficult because there are alot of emails to keep track of.

Team Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities.

Interview

Phone interview lasting less than 8 minutes.line disconnected. I sent and email inquiring for the reason and the reply I received after 3 hours is that the interviewer had a full agenda on that day though my calendar and that of the interviewer was booked for 30 minutes.unprofessional to keep people waiting to give them later on invalid excuse.

Interview Questions

• The line got disconnected intentionally after less than 6-8 min where I couldn't even introduce my qualifications.   Answer Question

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

over internet, was scheduled with Community Manager, Sandra Terry, who didn't even know she had an interview with me.Interview was at 12 noon, she didn't show up until 12:30. Stood there, outside of office, and chain-smoked her way through conversation and when I asked when interview started, she had no idea she even had an interview. I was asked 2 questions and she said she would tell home office the interview went great. WTF! I should have took that as a hint to walk away and never come back here again......

Interview Questions

• Sandra Terry asked if I could stand being outside all day......She should have asked could I stand my co-workers talking extremely vulgar, cursing and taking drugs.....all while on the job and extremely loud enough for customers and residents to hear   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I quit after only 3 days because co-worker talked vulgar to residents, children, and anybody for that matter. She also talked of getting drunk with teens, and other grossly inappropriate actions and conversations. I had to sit through (while being trained) all of this as she sat in a lawn chair talking to teens and pre-teens instead of properly training me at all. I never once received training in any form.......