Sun Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Communities Interview Questions

2.2

Gate Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Casa Grande, AZ).

Interview

Filled out Indeed.com application
    Received phone call interview screening
    Went to the site for another in person interview with the manager
    Completed a drug screen
    Started working and training

Overall the hiring process was easy and so was the Interview process. They asked simple questions about how you work with customers, guests, employees. Also how you would direct others in the resort.

Interview Questions

• How would you give directions to a new guest   1 Answer

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Southfield, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

HR Talent Recruiter met with me to convince me to take the job. I did not want it. The regional accounts go through hell. This place is in chaos.

Office Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online through their website. After that you had to take two tests. First one was a math test and the second test was a personality test. The next day I received an email wanting to set up an interview. I selected the only date and time that was really available.

Well... The interviewer never called me or sent out an email apologizing for the miss interview. To be honest I wouldn't want to work for a company that has such disregard for someones time.

Grounds Keeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Fond du Lac, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and done by phone. They asked some basic information questions and what experience I had. The phone call interview was set at a scheduled time frame. Some of the hiring process was somewhat difficult because there are alot of emails to keep track of.

Team Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities.

Interview

Phone interview lasting less than 8 minutes.line disconnected. I sent and email inquiring for the reason and the reply I received after 3 hours is that the interviewer had a full agenda on that day though my calendar and that of the interviewer was booked for 30 minutes.unprofessional to keep people waiting to give them later on invalid excuse.

Interview Questions

• The line got disconnected intentionally after less than 6-8 min where I couldn't even introduce my qualifications.   Answer Question

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

over internet, was scheduled with Community Manager, Sandra Terry, who didn't even know she had an interview with me.Interview was at 12 noon, she didn't show up until 12:30. Stood there, outside of office, and chain-smoked her way through conversation and when I asked when interview started, she had no idea she even had an interview. I was asked 2 questions and she said she would tell home office the interview went great. WTF! I should have took that as a hint to walk away and never come back here again......

Interview Questions

• Sandra Terry asked if I could stand being outside all day......She should have asked could I stand my co-workers talking extremely vulgar, cursing and taking drugs.....all while on the job and extremely loud enough for customers and residents to hear   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I quit after only 3 days because co-worker talked vulgar to residents, children, and anybody for that matter. She also talked of getting drunk with teens, and other grossly inappropriate actions and conversations. I had to sit through (while being trained) all of this as she sat in a lawn chair talking to teens and pre-teens instead of properly training me at all. I never once received training in any form.......

Resort Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Naples, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

interview process was very extensive. Alot of on-line testing, but was very redundant. Phone interview was very short and pleasant. They were quick to email a reply but did not give a time frame when the next step would be.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Communities.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly long. I applied for the job online through indeed.com. I got an email back the next day for an online test. I was similar to the wonderlich. A couple of days later I got another email asking for another online testing. This was a character test. I appreciate that they want the right person and character for the job, but it would have been really easy to lie on it. I didn't! The next step was an interview with HR on the phone. It was pretty basic. They just wanted to discuss my resume and ask some very generic questions. This could have been easily left out. The last part to the interview was an in-person at the site I applied at. This lasted for three hours! I do not think that it was supposed to last that long, but the manager was short-staffed and I think that she really wanted to find the right person and make the most of the time that she had. The next step was a background check. I had to sign some forms online. A few days later I was called back for a drug test and was given a preliminary offer based on my passing drug test.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions to answer, for me, was the generic trade questions asked by HR. It is a lot easier to explain processes to somebody who has some working knowledge. This interview only last 15 minutes and could have been skipped.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little through the last interview. I did have a few other offers at the time from other companies and had another interview that day. This company was the lowest paying and I, when asked about salary, told them that. The manager took note and the offered reflected that. I was very pleased.

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities.

Interview

It starts off with a phone interview where they ask the typical office secretary work questions. If you 'pass' that phone call the community that you either applied for or that likes you will have the Manager call you in for a face to face interview.
    If you succeed in that interview there will be a few more calls and meetings to make all the paperwork arrangements and such.
    It took about 3 weeks to get hired after the original phone interview date.

Interview Questions

• None really jumped out. Be prepared to give examples of your customer service and customer relations experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, cut and dry 'this is what you will work' and 'this is the pay'

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Homestead, FL).

Interview

I was invited to take a test which I got on the 10th of January of 2014. I am waiting for a call or e-mail.

Interview Questions

• I am still waiting for a call or email from Sun communities it has been 12 days from test.   2 Answers