Sun Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Tyler, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Talking about myself and the job available. And, what did you do and what is your favorite thing yo do in this postion or business? What type of system did you use in leasing answering the traffic from the telephone to walk ins, and did you do more that your position to help a busy co-worker out? How do you feel about that.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Orange City, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

There were several pointed questions to verify my ability for this job which I liked. The manager made me feel very much at ease and allowed me time to discuss any questions that I had for him.

Interview Questions

• What my knowledge was regarding 723   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Homestead, FL).

Interview

I was invited to take a test which I got on the 10th of January of 2014. I am waiting for a call or e-mail.

Interview Questions

• I am still waiting for a call or email from Sun communities it has been 12 days from test.   2 Answers

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

over internet, was scheduled with Community Manager, Sandra Terry, who didn't even know she had an interview with me.Interview was at 12 noon, she didn't show up until 12:30. Stood there, outside of office, and chain-smoked her way through conversation and when I asked when interview started, she had no idea she even had an interview. I was asked 2 questions and she said she would tell home office the interview went great. WTF! I should have took that as a hint to walk away and never come back here again......

Interview Questions

• Sandra Terry asked if I could stand being outside all day......She should have asked could I stand my co-workers talking extremely vulgar, cursing and taking drugs.....all while on the job and extremely loud enough for customers and residents to hear   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I quit after only 3 days because co-worker talked vulgar to residents, children, and anybody for that matter. She also talked of getting drunk with teens, and other grossly inappropriate actions and conversations. I had to sit through (while being trained) all of this as she sat in a lawn chair talking to teens and pre-teens instead of properly training me at all. I never once received training in any form.......

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Southfield, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and went well. Second interview was in person and I was told I would be given an "homework" assignment to determine if I would be hired. I never received it and was then notified I was not given the position. Then had two more interviews in person but did not end up with an offer. All four interviewers made sure to tell me how awesome the on site gym was though.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Southfield, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR to set interview and asked to complete an employment application/background/credit check (date of birth included). Met with manager and HR person at initial meeting and asked behavioral questions and nothing about my experience. About a 45 minute meeting. Was not contacted again.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were that difficult and very general in nature.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Communities.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly long. I applied for the job online through indeed.com. I got an email back the next day for an online test. I was similar to the wonderlich. A couple of days later I got another email asking for another online testing. This was a character test. I appreciate that they want the right person and character for the job, but it would have been really easy to lie on it. I didn't! The next step was an interview with HR on the phone. It was pretty basic. They just wanted to discuss my resume and ask some very generic questions. This could have been easily left out. The last part to the interview was an in-person at the site I applied at. This lasted for three hours! I do not think that it was supposed to last that long, but the manager was short-staffed and I think that she really wanted to find the right person and make the most of the time that she had. The next step was a background check. I had to sign some forms online. A few days later I was called back for a drug test and was given a preliminary offer based on my passing drug test.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions to answer, for me, was the generic trade questions asked by HR. It is a lot easier to explain processes to somebody who has some working knowledge. This interview only last 15 minutes and could have been skipped.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little through the last interview. I did have a few other offers at the time from other companies and had another interview that day. This company was the lowest paying and I, when asked about salary, told them that. The manager took note and the offered reflected that. I was very pleased.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Southfield, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a scheduled phone interview where basic questions are asked about your work history. The questions are primarily behavioral question geared towards experience working in the accounting industry. Some examples would be, most difficult problem solved, dealing with difficult coworkers and stressful work environments. Before the phone interview there is an IQ style mathematical assessment that is timed. Post phone interview there is a long character and personality test that consists of 200 agree or disagree questions.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult or unconventional interview questions. Interview consisted of straight forward questions.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Detroit, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

HR notified me 4 weeks after I applied. Then hiring manager called 3 weeks after that. She said she would call me back the following week but never did. 2 weeks later I received an email about the background check and drug tests to do It took another 4 weeks before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• did I have experience as an assistant manager?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Naples, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Loved the Manager that was hiring at the time (she got fired later when the employer found out she was ill). She told me I was her choice but her boss, the Regional didn't want someone of my age (in my fifties) but wanted a young man in his early 20's! I got the job because it was discovered he was stealing from the location he was going to be promoted from!

Interview Questions

• How long will you be happy being in this position before seeking a promotion?   1 Answer

Resort Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Communities (Naples, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

interview process was very extensive. Alot of on-line testing, but was very redundant. Phone interview was very short and pleasant. They were quick to email a reply but did not give a time frame when the next step would be.