Sunbelt Rentals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2016

2.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

emailed resume called by phone interviewed in person one on one asked about experience asked was i willing to move for position and travel overnight on average four nights per week

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals.

Interview

Interviewed on phone twice and in person twice. Easy interview as long as you're prepared. Process took about 2 months. Got the offer the day after my last interview. Nice people, great job, just wasn't for me.

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a talent acquisition person. Then a week or so later, a face to face. Very short interview with not a lot of questions with substance. Unfortunately, could tell right away that I wasn't going to get the position. Received an email a week later. Requested feedback but never received any.

Cdl A Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Not as difficult as some applications. Was called on a Tuesday for interview. Meet with one of management went thru normal interview questions. Was shown a small portion of the yard.

Interview Questions

• what was the reason for changing jobs so much?   1 Answer
    • what is your driving record like   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for 19 an hour and was offered 19 with no problems

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Warwick, RI) in July 2016.

Interview

Decent manager. Held the best for last. You need to have a new (no older than 5 year old 4wd WHITE pickup) preferably new white pickup to tow their equipment. And the base pay is 36k So they want you to make a 30k investment within 90 days of employment. Wow. I have no words. My Red 2009 F150 would not work. Funny they choose not to hire me when I said I'm not buying a new white pickup. Lol

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with spending 30k on a new white pickup?   4 Answers

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted couple of weeks after for a phone interview. Offered to get paid about 18 an hour and over time was 1.5x pay. Knowing equipment is big factor for success in this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Driver Class A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Tampa, FL).

Interview

applied in house, no interview, hired after two phone calls things were done a little different 10 years ago met the manager on my first day of work because he was in meetings the day I applied.

Interview Questions

• If I have ever hauled rental, or heavy equipment before .   1 Answer

Pcm Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals.

Interview

Initial contact was made by recruiting, general questions were asked about work history, experience ect. Then a second interview was set up to interview with hiring manager, this was a very in depth meeting asking about past experience with financial reporting, management experience ect.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult or sensitive situation that required extensive communication?   Answer Question

Diesel Equipment Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty informal. I "over dressed" for the interview despite my preparations. Typical interview setting with introductions, overview of company and position requirements. I had many questions for the person conducting the interview and much two-way conversation occurred. Review of resume was more focused on the abilities to fulfill the position with little regards to education and former positions held.

Interview Questions

• What skills or traits do you have that is not listed on your resume that you can provide this company?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunbelt Rentals (Aston, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

management is very down to earth and the interview process was painless. i was provided with an overview of the company and details regarding each department and the growth they've made over the past few years. In terms of pie charts, knowing where each division (slice) of Sunbelt fit within the entire Sunbelt pie was definitely nice to see when you walked into the interview process knowing very little about the company and just how profitable they are.

Interview Questions

• With this being a newly introduced 24/7 Call Center, it can be a work in progress. Are you able to adapt to an environment that is ever changing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered, I accepted.