Sundance Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sundance Institute

2.9

Year-Round Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were a couple rounds of interviews. The first was a one on one, in person and the second was film analysis. The person doing the interviews was very casual and conversational.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process was pretty normal. Phone interview and would have gotten a Skype interview if selected, but heard back negatively 2 months later. Pretty standard questions, the interviewer was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does your performing arts production experience apply to this internship?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sundance Institute.

Interview

First round interview was a video interview where you would record your answers to written questions. It was very awkward but in my experience, they were very understanding of how awkward it was.

Interview Questions

• They asked some more personal questions than I was expecting, like who was my favorite up-and-coming director(s) within that category   Answer Question

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Park City, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

It took place over 3 months and included 5 interviews and a handful of follow up phone conversations and emails. Interviews were with team members, board members, and leadership across 3 states.

Interview Questions

• Why Sundance at this point in career and why this position.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of interviews. I was first referred to by an employee and I got the initial interview schedule once he reached out to his HR team. Once I got the first interview, I went on to speak with the manager I would be working under

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was with HR via phone, second interview was with immediate supervisor via phone, third interview was with Senior Management via video call, final interview was a brief in person meeting at the office with immediate supervisor. I applied out of state and moved in-state by the third interview.

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Interview

Long interview but they eventually eliminated the position. They were quick to contact for an interview, over a month and a half to hear back that they eliminated the position.

Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Park City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I sent an email about position and I was told position was not available and to apply next year. I received a phone call a week later and answered a few questions and got the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sundance?   1 Answer

Administrative/Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sundance Institute.

Interview

Interviewed by three people in one day. Very casual interviews. Everyone seems polite/nice to work with. It was a good experience, very informational about the job- although everyone is under high stress around the time of the festival. In the end it wasn't what I was looking for, but seems like a great company to work for.

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sundance Institute (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

I received an email a couple weeks after submitting my online application, requesting a few open times for a phone interview. I had an Initial phone interview with Human Resources Department approximately 2 weeks after applying. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. The woman was pleasant and easy to talk to. The job was for full time permanent position. She wanted to know about attention to detail and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I felt about the drive from Salt Lake City   1 Answer