Sunwing Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunwing Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.7

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was in a group of about 7 people, they told us approx 1000 people applied for the position and only 200 got interviews and there are only 17 positions available. We watched a power point presentation and then we got called separately to another room and led to a table with 1 FA for an individual interview. The FA I got was pretty neutral, which made me feel nervous. They said they would call within a week with results. Very direct and informative interview, straight to the point about what the job entails and what you need to do

Interview Questions

• Do you like feedback?   Answer Question
    • If I called your friend what positive and negative qualities could they tell me about you?   Answer Question
    • Out of all the applicants, why should you be the one?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been disappointed with your own performance?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

One on one interview and a group slideshow highlighting the company. One hour in total. Up to 20 candidates per interview time. Slot. Interviewed by current flight attendants and the safety trainer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was pretty basic. I had a interview for 0930. I arrived and met with a kind woman who showed me where to go. I seen 2 flight attendants sitting at a small table, one male one female. They took my documents (my resume, 2 copies of the photo side of my passport, and 3 references (don't forget to have a email). After they took my docs, they gave me a 3 paged form to fill out. (Personal questions for hire, ie. emergency contact info, SIN..ect.
    Being a flight attendant you need to know how to SWIM, if you can't don't apply. If you feel you can learn fast, write no and try again next year..
    On another note, after you complete signing your paper and everything, they will call you and 20 or so ppl in a large room. They would give a presentation and ask for questions. (Presentation lasted about 20-30 mins depending on the in-charge and the questionnaire at the end.
    We were then brought to a room (a bit smaller than the other). In that room there was another small table where one flight attendant sat at, (she was really friendly, was asking for questions from us like crazy; very nice lady.) Anyways we all sat their and waited, around 20-30 of us.
    Please note, going into this interview I advise you take a half of day to it. At least 3 hours.

We stayed in the room until each ONE of us names were called.
    I went into this interview expecting a group interview , then one-on-one, but I was informed wrong.. (Thanks glassdoor) instead it was 1 presentation related to the airline, salary, benefits, start dates etc.. Then one-on-one. My interview was today to FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went over beyond for a customer, and how did that go.   3 Answers

Application

Interview

It was a great experience and the two flight attendants I met with were very positive. The two I met with were very nice and one asked the questions while the other wrote my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is your best friends name and how would he describe you?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

great Interview, very informative. They really just want to get to know who you are. The staff were very friendly, I had submitted an email, then got called for an interview. I went and listened to a presentation then sat in a room until someone called me, I got 1 lady so a 1-1 interview. and it all went great.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working holidays   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines.

Interview

- Phone interview with HR representative. Asked about what I know of the company, my experience in the industry, and why I would be a good fit. Ended with Salary Expectations and Availability.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted at Delta Hotel adjacent to YYC airport terminal. Registration entailed presenting resume, three business references and two photocopies of photo page on my passport then filling out a three page questionnaire. The latter was mostly identification and biographical data. My group of candidates were then gathered in a conference room containing 50 chairs and a video projector. A uniformed flight attendant then provided a 25 minute briefing about the airline, the job and what newly hired flight attendants can expect, questions from the candidates were also answered. The candidates were then taken to another conference room again filled with chairs. My name was called almost immediately and I was introduced to another uniformed flight attendant who took me to yet another conference room. This room contained about eight interview stations each with a table and two or three chairs, spread over the room.
    My interviewer began asking questions from a sheet in front of her. She made note of my answers and her observations. The questions were varied and seemed to alternate between easy and probing, behavioural type. After about twenty minutes she asked if I had any questions for her. At this point she advised me that the interview was concluded and escorted me from the room.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you the best candidate for the position?"   Answer Question
    • "Do you agree with the statement, 'The customer is always right'?"   Answer Question
    • "If I asked your good friend to tell me two things about you, one positive, one negative, what would he/she say?"   Answer Question
    • "What should a customer expect from a Flight Attendant?"   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Brief and enjoyable nice people that looking to make the interview very friendly. Presentation of the company in a room with every person doing the interview. Called one by one. In a hotel near airport

Interview Questions

• Why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Sales Centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call after about three weeks. Interviewed by HR assistant and Sales centre agent. They first show you PPT about the sales agent role and will ask you question relating to the PPT.

Interview Questions

• What did yo learn from the PPT about being a sales agent.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with Manager for a short 30 mins in-person interview, talking about the role and background skills, go through the checklist and Manager marked down some notes. Seems like strictly checking against his rules, no room for any personality or potentials