Sunwing Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with Manager for a short 30 mins in-person interview, talking about the role and background skills, go through the checklist and Manager marked down some notes. Seems like strictly checking against his rules, no room for any personality or potentials

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

My interview was on 3rd September 2015 ..it was such a pleasure to be with them .. It was a great interview . A very positive interview .😄it's been two weeks still I did not get any email from them. I would like to know my results . Did anybody hear from Calgary pls let me know...? Thanks

Interview Questions

• What would u think about sunwing and the reason to join them   Answer Question

Seasonal Flight Attendant Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied in July to Job posting online and e-mailed cover letter and resume. Invitation back via email 6 days before the interview.
    Booked a week off of work to study the airline,
    I love this company, Its so cool.
    Checked I showed my printout invitation email, gave her my 3 business references and copy's of my resume and cover letter and passport. I filled out a small form
    Then our lobby group was called into a small conference room, about 20 of us. It was slide show time. ALOT of the information is different then what you can memorize online They tell you about unions, operating costs, and their very very high uniform and ethics policies.
    Then were lead into a slightly larger holding room, one attendant at the front with all the candidates for the time period (I think we had max 50 in the room at any time). This is where they lead groups of 6 or so out to do the group activities, where they were brought back from and where we were pulled out for our 1 on ones.
    I learned in this period I will absolutely not be hired this year. About 60% of the men and women there had prior flight industry experience, other airlines have shut down recently or they already work in the company. Another 20% had a higher education and/or more time in customer service. Just from the company's point of view, even if I would make the- best flight attendant ever- I'm new, they should go with experience every-time.
    We were moved out in groups of 6 depending on our time slots.
    Group activities were with 3 Flight attendants in our room with our group, 1st give your name and answer an "icebreaker" question. Then solve an exciting dilemma in 7 minutes. This was where I felt the best. I am crew already in my heart. Then some hypothetical upset customer dilemmas, we each had to solve a problem on our own, mostly fun: day to day THIS WILL HAPPEN ON THE JOB things. Use active listening, Be creative, use obvious resources, use your team. This was so so so fun.
    Back to the holding area to wait for a 1 on 1 interview.
    She had a a very short list of questions, 1.75 pages. They are all supposed to be answered CAR or STAR format think of examples where you've turned bad experiences into good ones. These all assume you've dealt with horrible customers, horrible bosses, horrible coworkers, etc. the most interesting question was "do you have any questions for me" as she gave opportunity to ask twice. Stay positive, stay polite, stay calm.
    Was seen out afterwards.
    The entire day took about 5 hours. It was one of the most enriching experiences I have had in years.

Interview Questions

• Other than travel and flying why do you want to become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • When you are flying what are your expectations? What do you expect from the flight and the service?   Answer Question
    • In the workplace you have a disagree with a policy or rule of the management, how do you deal with this?   Answer Question
    • We all have bad days, What do you do to lift your mood.   Answer Question
    • We meet on an elevator, and you have until we reach the 10th floor to convince me that your right for the job. Go!   5 Answers

Seasonal Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly easily behavioural based interview. Split into two sections, the first interview was a group interview. The group size was 7 or 8 interviewees and three flight attendants. After 1 ice breaker, and 1 scenario based question. There was a group scenario that placed emphasis on multi-tasking and prioritising. This is the time to shine. The results of the group interview based who would receive a 2nd one-on-one interview.
    I received a one-on-one interview. I spoke with am HR representative. She asked me behavioral questions, sprinkled with some availability and reliability questions. The total length of my interview was 40 minutes at most. I was very prepared for this interview, having read an online forum of other people applying to the seasonal flight attendant jobs and other Glassdoor reviews, so the one-on-one interview could last much longer for others. There were approximately three pages of questions to be asked, and my final questions was to pitch myself to them in 10 seconds of less (as if I was on an elevator with them).

I had my interview 6 days ago, so I have not heard back from them regarding if I received the interview of not. I was told 2-3 weeks until they call, or email every person who showed up to the job fair that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were given an unrealistic demand from a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, received an email several weeks later offering an invitation to the recruiting session. Received a quick presentation about crew life from one of the HR reps and then were taken to a room to be wait to be called to groups for scenario based interview questions with one teamwork scenario. Taken back to same room and names were called again one by one. At this stage I went through to an interview one on one with a member of management and it was incredibly positive. We made a personal connection over common interests and they seemed genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are a good choice for the position above everyone else, in 30 seconds. Make yourself stand out.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for Ottawa -Seasonal. It was a long waiting process but it was fun overall. We were shown a video explaining how working as a flight attendant works. Then brought into another room until our name is called. We first had a group interview (7 of us) we worked on scenarios and also role plays... it was fun. Then back to the room and wait. We were then called for a one on one interview.. it went really well in my opinion. We were told that it would take approx. 3 weeks to receive a call. My interviewee told me that when they call me, make sure I call them back asap. It has now been over 2 weeks and I am so nervous. I really want this job as it is my dream career. Non of my references have been contacted yet. I would like to go on a trip and when I go now all depends on that phone call. Training is suppose to start September 29th. Patiently waiting !!!

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you feel about working on Christmas ?

2. We're in an elevator going up to 10th floor, you have one minute to tell me why we should hire you?

3. How I'd you deal with a conflict in the past?

And many more. ..
      Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Underwent a phone interview, then upon completion had to do a language proficiency test also over the phone. A couple days later had a group interview with other candidates, where we were introduced to the company and its functioning, rules and regulations. Afterwards, we had group interactive interviews where we had to be put in different situations and resolve them and find the best solutions for each situation according to the guidelines and rules.

Interview Questions

• According to you, what is the most important thing for a flight attendant ?   1 Answer
    • Are you available to report to work within a couple of hours notice ?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Stressful. Long wait with no food or drinks available. Small waiting room, stayed there for over 4 hours. Very negative experience. I almost left, and i should have. Desperate candidates fighting for a chance.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for in-person interview with the direct supervisor and HR. Only one was there, other one didn't pick up their phone. Was asked questions related to my experience (resume) with a focus on skills related to using Excel and pivot tables. Opportunity to ask them questions. They were also quite narrow in terms of looking for someone with a specific salary request in mind (not anywhere near average).

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Waited 40 Minutes for the manager to arrive, despite being on time. Then proceeded to find a room as the building was under renovation. Standard behavioural questions, with the manager emphasizing how busy and how they really needed help.