Super Supplements Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Super Supplements

Distribution Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After I submitted my resume on the website, I was contacted by email a day or two later to set up a phone screening. The phone screening was mostly just to clarify my resume and answer some very casual questions about my experience. After that, I was told to fill out a survey, mostly to test my views on theft at the workplace and reporting to superiors. After that, I was called in for an interview, where I was interviewed by two of the managers there. The interview was pretty standard, with the most common interview questions asked. Afterwards, I went through a drug test and background check. In total, the process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at your previous workplace where something went wrong or you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Health Enthusiast Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Burlington, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Assistant Manager and District Manager. They were both very inviting and professional. I felt at ease and inspired by their personal skills. They took an adequate time to sit and discuss the interview questions with me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite supplement and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Filed out online application with work history, interests, etc. Received a phone call and was directed to an online survey which mostly asked moral questions about personality and choices you would make in specific situations. Was called in for interview about a week later and was interviewed by store manager and assistant manager. They asked a LOT of questions (though not particularly difficult ones) a lot about community service and my standards and opinions about what I consider important...All the typical interview questions like "What do you see as your weaknesses/strengths as an employee? / What was a situation where a customer wasn't satisfied and how did you handle it? / What was a time you didn't get along with a fellow associate/or customer and how did you deal with it? / How would you describe your work ethic? / etc." As well as general questions about how much knowledge you have about vitamins / herbs/sports- fitness supplements / homeopathy / natural remedies / etc. "Rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 on how much knowledge you believe you have."

Interview Questions

• All the questions were what you would expect them to ask and if you know anything about customer service you will know exactly what you are expected to say.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Federal Way, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very, very long, and extremely detailed. The interview lasted about an hour, one of the longest interviews I have ever had, but it was extremely informative and I really got a chance to get to know management and for them to get a fair chance to know me.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to applying here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Beaverton, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online, then a couple weeks later was called by a Super Supplements recruiter for a phone interview. I was essentially asked questions that were identical to questions from the online application, such as have you been to a Super Supplements store and what did you like about it. Hence, I highly recommend you visit a store before applying. Upon completing the phone interview, I was told that I would be emailed a link to an online test (a personality test) with instructions to complete it over the weekend and reply to the email once I completed it (I received it on a Friday). I completed the test right away, which was shorter than some personality tests, and replied to the email that same day instead of waiting for Monday. That same day (Friday) I was contacted by the store manager and an interview was scheduled for Tuesday. The interview was three on one, with the three consisting of the store manager, a regional manager, and another employee who seemed to be a sales associate or the assistant manager. The interview lasted one hour. During the interview I was asked questions relating to previous work experience as well as questions about store scenarios involving customers and co-workers (and what my actions would be). Also, I was asked to rate my knowledge of several categories of supplements, then I was asked to describe those categories of supplements. The categories were vitamins and minerals, herbs, sports nutrition, and homeopathic supplements. I was also asked about weight loss and weight gain supplements. Interestingly, I have MS and BS degrees in Nutrition, so I found it odd to be asked to start describing such broad categories. I wasn't really sure where to start because I could talk for weeks about most of the topics. When I began describing vitamins and minerals (after rating my knowledge about them as excellent), I named the fat soluble and water soluble vitamins, but then actually forgot the names of all the B vitamins, so said out loud that maybe I'd forgotten the names, even though I know about the functions of most of the vitamins and minerals in-depth. The regional manager immediately seemed testy and said that if my knowledge is excellent then I really need to know everything about them. So I said OK you want me to describe each one? He said yes so I began describing them in detail and they seemed happy about that.

Interview Questions

• You are alone in the store. You are helping a customer and that will take ten more minutes. There are three customers at the register ready to be checked out. The phone is ringing and a delivery is ready to be unloaded (or is waiting). What to you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you like least about work?   1 Answer
    • Describe sports nutrition (related to supplements).   1 Answer
    • Describe vitamins and minerals.   1 Answer
    • Describe a mistake or something you did not do well in a previous job (exact wording may be somewhat different).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Bellevue, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Basic scripted interview process to weed out dishonesty. The company is looking for compassionate, intelligent hard working people with even tempers that will work hard and draw in business. It is helpful if you are relaxed, professional and humble. The business requires you to have a working understanding of vitamins,herbs and the human body, it is MUCH more than your typical retail job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Super Supplements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a job over the phone, there was little to no room to negotiate a higher wage.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Spokane, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

applied online, 1 face to face interview. took a week or 2 for the offer.There were 2 people interviewing me in an office, the SM and ASM. The interview took about 30 minutes. I dressed business professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i just accepted because I was desperate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Supplements (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Typical phone interview followed by a panel interview with HR, CEO and Retail Operations manager. I was contacted by the recruiter, did a phone interview the next day, the panel interview was three days later and I was offered the position two days after that.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected- what does positive intent mean to you. Everything else was typical retail management questions, if anything the questions were easy compared to other interviews I have been through.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make an offer with no room for negotiation.

Interview

Very easy, and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Might ask, how you would run own company? Biggest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Supplements.

Interview

1-2 weeks for phone interview, then 1-2 weeks later interview with manager, assist. manager and regional manager

Interview Questions

• what supplements do you take? If the phone was ringing and sos and so called in sick and you had a line of customers how would you handle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. I regret it. I was so pumped to get a job after being unemployed for 7 months.