Superior Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superior Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Superior Energy.

Interview

Very easy, started off job scope as temporary work through a staffing agency then was offered a month following. Pay started off at $15, two years later got a pay cut throughout the company, and still on a pay cut 2 years down the line after taking on 2 more job titles.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in safety?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Superior Energy in September 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, first with manager and 2 Senior Admins. Very thorough, in depth. If you don't know your stuff you will have trouble here. Second interview was one on one with the director. Got verbal offer a couple days later and written after that.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned before, very tough first interview. Numerous questions spanning lots of technologies.   Answer Question

Boat Captain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superior Energy.

Interview

Long drawn out process. Waiting weeks to hear what the next step was made it difficult. 3 phone interviews and a 3.5 hr in person interview. Interview was pleasant, everyone was easy to talk to. Thought I would be hired based on the interview process but I was wrong.

Interview Questions

• Are you physically capable of doing the job. Not a big deal but with my work history I thought it was odd.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Superior Energy (Hobbs, NM) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone then in person interview, intensive drug screening. then paper works again waiting period. phone calls to make sure your still interested, Finding a place to live in hobbs was difficult. finally found a decent place but very expensive.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to justify your action   2 Answers

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Superior Energy (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

I was told about the job by a former co worker. Head of the division did all the interviewing. Everything he said would happen, happened. Real easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Superior Energy.

Interview

Two rounds of interview with standard interview questions.

First round with 4 people individually, each of the interviewer took no more than an hour.

Second round with the same people together, it feels very much like the first round of interview.

The people are very polite and friendly. I feel they are looking for people who are willing to learn and invest themselves in the company.

Field Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superior Energy (Williston, ND) in January 2014.

Interview

easy interview They desperate for FST in North Dakota

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current employer (Halliburton)   1 Answer

Pay is OK maybe just above average: Benefits are terrible. factor in withholding for benefits and hourly wages are reduced by over $3.00 /hour. Lower than Halliburton wages/benefits. One can get Obama care for less cost than Superior offers. But can't get Obama-care because superior offers health insurance

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Very satisfied with online access

Interview Questions

• none really, all questions were fair   1 Answer

District Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Superior Energy (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

This was handled by a highly competent outside firm named Novotus that's located in Austin TX. I can't say enough about how well that company works as a recruiting firm. I had to use them while employed to hire employees and they really did an excellent professional job. HR for HB Rentals is a whole different ball of wax. Some were good, a certain woman comes to mind, and others were completely unprofessional when dealing with the workers (i.e. high handed, hoi paloi sty behavior).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any experience you have in electrical or plumbing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What compensation were you looking for? (TheM)

Check Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superior Energy (Columbus, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

I went to the office and talked with the assistant controller and the accounts payable manager. I was originally hired as the check writer, but moved into accounts receivable a few months later. The interview was pretty relaxed. I don't recall any specific questions I was asked, but I they revolved around my resume and background. I got the interview through a staffing agency and began as a temp (began in June 2013), and I was hired on officially in October of that year.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything specific, but probably something about my work history.   1 Answer