Swansea University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swansea University

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)).

Interview

They asked me about my qualities and what I could bring to the table in terms of being a Peer Advisor. Asked about my international exposure and what I learned from a summer internship I took in the previous summer. Interview took 15 mins. They were very chilled and welcoming.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was casual, light and the interviewer was very nice but sharp. She asked some hard questions but nothing you couldn't answer if you've been involved in university activities since admission.

Careers Officer Interview

Interview

Very standard interview, generally pleasant. 3 person panel including potential line manager, potential colleague, and senior manager. There is a presentation required for all grade 7 positions - brief, 10 minute presentation on a subject directly related to the role and how you would carry out the duties of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why are you interested in this role, detail your experience in HE student support/guidance, etc.   Answer Question

Careers Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview itself involved a ten minute presentation on a pre-set topic that I was made aware of at the interview offer stage. This was followed by twenty minute interview of mainly competency based questions and questions relating directly to the person specification set in the Job Advert.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions and questions relating directly to the person specification.
      eg- Tell us about a time you provided sessions for students...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swansea University.

Interview

Online application and cover letter. You must summit a cover letter type statement that includes the essential criteria otherwise they won't consider you.

1 interview and was told I had the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve this problem directly related to the job description.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Panel interview with limited time to have long answer