Synapse Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synapse Group Interview Questions

2.6

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synapse Group (Stamford, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter had relationship with company for many years, so I was 'fast-tracked' for phone interview and in-person interview. Met with VP, department director, team leader and two peers. Was asjed various typical interview questions, however, this company seems to really value how employees perceive applicants, which was nice to see. Ultimately did not accept offer, but would have been happy to work here.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Dealt with HR representative first. Initial phone interview with the HR rep. Then called in to interview. Two back-to-back sessions with hiring manager and one additional person. Traditional behavioral questions, expected to ask insightful questions about company/industry. Be prepared to do some simple P&L math.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synapse Group.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal and was notified of an on-campus interview around a week later. There were two interviewers and the interview was about 30 minutes long with 15 minutes for questions. The atmosphere was relaxed. There were no tests, just basic questions ranging from high school experience to internships.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your high school experiences and what you were like in high school   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Synapse Group (Stamford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Time Inc. website in December 2013. Got HR's email one week later. We scheduled a time for a quick 30-min call about my background. The HR is very nice and very polite. After the call, she arranged for me with a F2F interview in Stamford one week later. I took train to Stamford and then a cab to the company. I talked to the director for an hour at first. She is very nice and smiling at all time which makes interview atmosphere very comfortable. She went through every item in my resume and made me talk about every related project that I have done. After that, I had a half an hour talk with the VP, mostly talking about the company's business and about me. Two weeks later, they moved forward to the next step. They emailed me a programming assessment about using javascript to solve a problem. It is very easy, maybe it's because they are looking for a junior guy. Sent the answer back and got the positive feedback in the next week. The legal team took a long time for working on my work authorization. Finally, It took two weeks and a half for them to give me the offer, and I thought only because I told them that I got another offer from another company that made them quicker. I negotiated twice and took their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is the most difficult situation you met in work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a number first, I negotiated with another offer in hand. They raised. Then one day later, the other company raised too. Then I told Synapse, and they matched the raise.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synapse Group (Stamford, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

I was so excited to be to be able to interview with this company. My first interview was with the director of HR. She was amazingly informative and such a delight to interview. She made me feel very comfortable so it seemed more like a casual conversation than an interview. After a few days, I was invited back for a second interview with the Director of operations; very nice man. This interview wasn't too much more difficult. It seemed like during both interviews, they were trying to get a good feel for the proper fit with the company and team. He asked questions like "What is the most substantial thing you learned at your last two positions". Unfortunately it took them a whole month to decide that they were keeping the temp they had been working with.

Interview Questions

• What was the most substantial thing you learned from your last position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synapse Group in April 2009.

Interview

I met with five or six people. They all had true interview questions, (strengths, weaknesses, what are you looking for, etc.) and some were a more casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really able to negotiate. no wiggle room at all.