TCW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TCW Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCW.

Interview

In total took about 7 weeks. First, talked with the recruiter over the phone about basic resume questions. Second interview I talked with the managing director regarding my resume and why I thought I was a good candidate for the position. Third interview, they flew me to LA and I spoke with two associates, two VPs and the managing director. We talked about the day to day tasks and also what they were looking for in a candidate to fill that specific position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It seemed like they didn't do too many interviews. It was two part on the same day. I met with the supervisor I'd be working for first and she didn't ask too many questions, but spent time explaining more about the company. Then the two ppl I'd be assisting came in later and they asked some questions. there was some awkward silence here and there so ask lots of questions yourself.

Securitized Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCW (New York, NY).

Interview

The company asked quite specific about fixed income and was only interested in projects in US related to fixed income. It is generally go through resume and ask about your background. It seems they are not interested in anything on my resume. Maybe it is because my intern experiences were not in the US and this does not make people feel good.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume. What do you know about fixed income?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, was interviewed by the HR person and was given the offer. Since the recruiter had me do various skills test, the interview with the HR person was pretty straightforward.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TCW.

Interview

Easy interview. Very straight forward. I felt smarter than the person interviewing me. I was asked to walk her through my resume. I was asked why i want to work at tcw.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your qualifications and work experience. Why do you want to work here. Tell me about the company.   Answer Question

Equity Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to 1st round and 2nd round. Both of them took about 1 - 2 hours. I met their vice presidents at 2nd round and talked to each of them for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Go over your resume. What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCW in March 2015.

Interview

A couple interviews and they weren't that bad. I would say average as far as how hard. It certainly wasn't easy and I knew there were other probably better qualified interns than me but I believe that when you lead with a personality that goes farther. I could tell some of the other interns were chosen for their resume which is fine but I know struggled in the interview. It really depends, you make a connection or you better have a really good resume.

Applications Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

What do you know about this company, this position, this program. Then go directly into what you have done related to this position. They will ask details about your projects and work. Building models in different software. They are looking for someone who knows both finance and computer programming.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Extensive interview process with many different employees. I interviewed with HR, the department head, and 4 different analysts at the same level of the position that was available. My first interview was on the phone with the HR manager and then I was asked to come in and meet with the team.

Interview Questions

• Which analytical skills can you offer   1 Answer

Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was set up through campus career services and interview was conducted on campus. Questions included walk me through your resume, why this industry, why this company. How has your last job prepared you for this position? Why get an MBA now? Be prepared to pitch a stock. They will try to poke holes in your pitch; be ready to defend it. I also gave the interviewer my tear sheet and backup calculations. Interview as 30 -45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pitch this company versus Company X and Company Z in the same industry?   Answer Question