TCW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TCW Interview Questions

Interviews at TCW

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TCW.

Interview

There were 3 rounds each with managers of each position as well as VP's. They want to engage in what you know. Give a little background of your resume, and focus on how the skills translated to your experience. They are huge on "elevating" the firm, so focus on how you can help elevate the firm. Know Macros, Pivot tables, vlookups.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How did you perform your stock analysis through Excel show me step by step?
      Why in your resume did you do this, and/or why did you leave?
      What do you know about this company?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TCW in December 2015.

Interview

Wonderful! Very kind. They were very welcoming and I felt comfortable in the atmosphere. I didn't want to leave after. They were great listeners and were interested in more than just proficiency in fiscal-level data.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCW in March 2015.

Interview

A couple interviews and they weren't that bad. I would say average as far as how hard. It certainly wasn't easy and I knew there were other probably better qualified interns than me but I believe that when you lead with a personality that goes farther. I could tell some of the other interns were chosen for their resume which is fine but I know struggled in the interview. It really depends, you make a connection or you better have a really good resume.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It seemed like they didn't do too many interviews. It was two part on the same day. I met with the supervisor I'd be working for first and she didn't ask too many questions, but spent time explaining more about the company. Then the two ppl I'd be assisting came in later and they asked some questions. there was some awkward silence here and there so ask lots of questions yourself.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TCW.

Interview

Easy interview. Very straight forward. I felt smarter than the person interviewing me. I was asked to walk her through my resume. I was asked why i want to work at tcw.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your qualifications and work experience. Why do you want to work here. Tell me about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, was interviewed by the HR person and was given the offer. Since the recruiter had me do various skills test, the interview with the HR person was pretty straightforward.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview first. later was brought over onsite and interviewed again by the same people.
    Few days later had a panel interview with six people , followed by interview by the CTO.

It might sound like a lot of interviews, but they were all pretty easy and fair.

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Securities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interviewer tried to make it more of a conversation, and they were overall pretty friendly. They asked basic questions about my knowledge/experience within the securities industry. Nothing really technical about the interview, just asked about a few concepts. Overall not a bad interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCW (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Extensive interview process with many different employees. I interviewed with HR, the department head, and 4 different analysts at the same level of the position that was available. My first interview was on the phone with the HR manager and then I was asked to come in and meet with the team.

Interview Questions

• Which analytical skills can you offer   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCW (Irvine, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online on local college job board. Then received an email for a phone interview and proceeded to set up interview for next week. Phone interview was getting to know me and it was very friendly.