THG Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at THG Sports

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was thorough, and the interviewer was very nice. He asked a lot of personality based questions to see if I would be a good fit. He was very friendly and down to earth and I enjoyed talking with him.

Ultimately I turned down a second interview because I didn't think the company would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Name the Top 5 Investment Banks in the United States.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring staff respected my distance as I was away for school and did initial interview over the phone. When I returned home for a face-to-face interview the hiring staff was super inviting and transparent throughout entire interview. Most of the meeting was answering questions about myself and what I expected from the position, or where I saw myself in the near future while working there. I was turned down at the conclusion of the interview for lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect to make a lot of money working here?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago Ridge, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Asked me questions mainly about my experiences and skills rather than just about the job role. Gave me lots of time to speak as to what I could bring to the company.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Began with an intro call then week later phone call with same person. Very informative and fast to get back to me. Answered all my questions thoroughly and explained in depth what the job consisted of and what was expected.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at THG Sports.

Interview

I got a call a few days after I applied for a sales position from one of the head guys. After a few on the spot questions about my experience he told me he wanted to set up a formal first round interview. This first round interview took over an hour and was one of the worst experiences I have been through during my career search. Not only was the guy interviewing rude, but he continuously asked me the same question and when I would pause to come up with something different than what I had just said, he was impatient and degrading. I understand this is a fast pace environment where you are talking to CEO levels and maybe he was trying to get a sense of how I dealt with stress over the phone, but what I think he was forgetting is that I was interviewing his company too. This entire process was on his terms and included an 8am phone call, (7 am my time). Needless to say I do not want to work for a company that is already this hostile over the phone.

Interview Questions

• A lot to do about sales experience. Be prepared to answer lots of personality and situational questions. Don't just have one answer to each question because chances are you will be asked the same question again with slightly different wording. Also at the end he asked what I have learned about him throughout the phone conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was very professional, standard questions, tried to stump me with a simple math question, got offered the job the next week after a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went over pay and commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Brief, not very professional. Had a phone interview then they called back and asked for me to come in with not even a days notice. Expected me to be at their beck and call

Interview Questions

• Please read this script and sell this product (that you dont have any clue on)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They start with a phone interview. If you don't know anything about the company they will throw out your resume. They will ask why you are looking for a sales position and why you think you will be good at sales. If you pass that then you will be brought in for an interview. They will ask you questions about your motivations and what you can bring to the table. They will ask some tough/strange questions but it's just to see how you can act under pressure and think on your feet (which is needed in this job). If you pass that interview then you will be brought in for a second interview with someone more senior. If there was something that you couldn't answer in the first interview, make sure you have the answer in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The last question they will most likely ask you is "why haven't you tried to sell me on why you deserve this position?"   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THG Sports.

Interview

It took a day. I had a phone interview. You make an appointment then take a short phone interview. The interview questons were very general. They ask you if you understand their business concepts and what they do so it will be better to be prepared for your answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the position & roles?
      Why do you think you are a good fit?
      Tell 3 things you think you have but other candidate don't (Why we need to hire you?)   Answer Question

Business Development Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THG Sports (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Very intense interview session, mostly spent my time consistently trying to prove my worth to interviewer. Was often times asked a question, I would respond and then was asked why I thought I was asked that question. Was asked my desired salary for the position and was told that answer would not suffice for someone who really was a shark and wanted to make it in the sales world.

Interview Questions

• How will you react when you consistently get turned down on the phone?   Answer Question