TNS North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNS North America Interview Questions

2.8

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews, all over the phone. Then I never heard back. I followed up regularly and one day someone finally told me that they moved forward with other candidates.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TNS North America (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Approached by recruiter. Interviewed across different practice areas. Waited for them to have internal discussions and budget approvals. Took 5 months for job offer. There was a phone screen by the recruiter, a phone conversation with two hiring managers and in-person interviews with both hiring managers, as well as a group interview with potential colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Nothing earth shattering. This was for a business development/account management position so they wanted to know my background and experience in market research.   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TNS North America (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic behavioral questions. Know what the company does and ask questions that are actually not banal. If your questions are curious and unique enough and the employer likes you, its a good chance they will call you back. Be real, curious and enthusiastic. Have strong eye contact and body language.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Then 2 separate phone interviews with team members who I would potentially work with and my potential manager. The next step was an in person interview, where I was flown to the location and spent the day interviewing in person. I reviewed a questionnaire and provided feedback, had lunch with several team members, then gave a presentation of a de-branded report which I had already done.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that didn't go so well and how would you have improved that situation - looking back.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TNS North America.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about my resume and to come in and interview. When I got there, I had 2 30 minute interviews, and the thrid person I was supposed to meet with was not there. I was asked to come back another day to complete the interview process (kind of a hassle... I could have done this in one day if they were organized). I then interviewed for about 30 minutes with the 3rd person, and then was given a short exercise to complete to judge proofreading and then write a few headlines for a report. Farily straightforward process.

Negotiation

Non existant. They said a salray, I tried to negotiate, they refused, but I still accepted.

Senior Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America.

Interview

Two phone screeners with internal recruiters, one phone screen with department leader, and one in person interview before receiving a decision. Very prompt, respectful, and helpful along the process. The people in Chicago were honest and asked appropriate questions. No waste of time, philosophical questions. In person interview lasted several hours including individual interviews with every level of the organization and a presentation of past work.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TNS North America (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process - 1:1 interviews with 4 people, case study and presentation.

They refused to validate my parking ticket ($10) , this speaks a lot about the financial health of the company. I have been to several interviews and when you park in paid visitor parking, the first thing they do is to validate your ticket.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Through headhunter, multiple interviewers, questions centered on resume material, few questions about my management philosophy or experience, ultimate goal appeared to be whether I would fit in or not, appeared to require at least 7 people to interview me and sign off on me, little feedback, impression was that everyone had to agree on one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Would I fire someone if asked by my superior officer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They accepted the number I gave them.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very one on one; I knew the person leaving and she recommended me to the hiring manager. I had only one interview and was offered the position shortly after. Stayed at TNS 1 day short of three years --as many others.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TNS North America (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Long series of interviews, people are nice but distracted