TNS North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TNS North America (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Long series of interviews, people are nice but distracted

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very one on one; I knew the person leaving and she recommended me to the hiring manager. I had only one interview and was offered the position shortly after. Stayed at TNS 1 day short of three years --as many others.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TNS North America (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic behavioral questions. Know what the company does and ask questions that are actually not banal. If your questions are curious and unique enough and the employer likes you, its a good chance they will call you back. Be real, curious and enthusiastic. Have strong eye contact and body language.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews, all over the phone. Then I never heard back. I followed up regularly and one day someone finally told me that they moved forward with other candidates.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR recruiter from the company, which was really informational and informal. Then I had an interview with the person who would be my direct manager and one with my manager’s boss. After that, I came in and interviewed with my manager as well as two other people I would be working with. I was then given some data to analyze, one hour to prepare, and then presented results and conclusions/recommendation to 5 people (4 in person and my manager’s boss on the phone). I was really impressed throughout the process at how much all of the interviewing was related to the actual job I would be doing as opposed to “tell me about a time when you went above and beyond” kinds of questions that are always so hard to answer and don’t really show anything about your competence in the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty open to negotiation in terms of salary. I think I negotiated about 15% higher than original offer. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Another higher offer from another company I was interviewing with at the same time also helped.

Senior Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America.

Interview

Two phone screeners with internal recruiters, one phone screen with department leader, and one in person interview before receiving a decision. Very prompt, respectful, and helpful along the process. The people in Chicago were honest and asked appropriate questions. No waste of time, philosophical questions. In person interview lasted several hours including individual interviews with every level of the organization and a presentation of past work.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Then 2 separate phone interviews with team members who I would potentially work with and my potential manager. The next step was an in person interview, where I was flown to the location and spent the day interviewing in person. I reviewed a questionnaire and provided feedback, had lunch with several team members, then gave a presentation of a de-branded report which I had already done.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that didn't go so well and how would you have improved that situation - looking back.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TNS North America (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process - 1:1 interviews with 4 people, case study and presentation.

They refused to validate my parking ticket ($10) , this speaks a lot about the financial health of the company. I have been to several interviews and when you park in paid visitor parking, the first thing they do is to validate your ticket.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TNS North America.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about my resume and to come in and interview. When I got there, I had 2 30 minute interviews, and the thrid person I was supposed to meet with was not there. I was asked to come back another day to complete the interview process (kind of a hassle... I could have done this in one day if they were organized). I then interviewed for about 30 minutes with the 3rd person, and then was given a short exercise to complete to judge proofreading and then write a few headlines for a report. Farily straightforward process.

Negotiation

Non existant. They said a salray, I tried to negotiate, they refused, but I still accepted.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview here was extremely easy. It was one phone interview with a HR Recruiter and then an interview with the hiring manager over the phone. I then met the hiring manager in person and was extended an offer.

Negotiation

I received a competitive salary and accepted on the spot.