TPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very straight forward phone interview and then onsite interview with the manager and the design lead , and the last interview with the department director . Good experience nice conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First a phone call and then the magic letter

Behavior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPG (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty laid back yet professional atmosphere. The CEO was my interviewer for my second interview. My first interview was with the HR department. After answering questions for the HR representative I moved to the next level in the interview process which was with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle finding out a co-worker is stealing.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was relatively straightforward. Met with several people in multiple groups to get a feel for office then after I narrowed down the group I wanted to work with, I spent more time with other employees there. Questions were thoughtful about macroeconomics and theory but also focused on personality.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred internally. Very conversational. A lot of fit questions. They were very interested in my excel skills. Most of the time was spent with them telling me about the different funds and structures, and how their team collaborated with the rest of the business. It was all very interesting and informative, but I ultimately decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• If my accounts receivable goes up, how is that reflected on the cash flow?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, a lot about background and interest and a "super day" of sorts. Definitely not structured like a management consulting interview but you definitely had to be on point with these guys--they're very sharp.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 head Hunter Interview, 1 onsite Interview with all stakeholders in the technology department.
    Once there I met with the CTO, IT manager, and did a phone interview with the H.R. manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you defrag the drive on a Mac.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first, then took a test at TPG. Once I passed the test, I had an interview with the woman who would be my manager. I didn't find the test difficult, it all seemed like basic common sense. If you couldn't answer the questions you probably haven't been an EA. Overall experience was professional. They seem to hire exclusively through recruiters so you do have a liaison working for you.

Interview Questions

• Given conflicts on your exec's schedule, how would you handle and prioritize?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted via a headhunter. Wasn't initially told the name of the firm. Learned it after initial, positive interview with headhunter. Then went in for a one-on-one with the person who I'd be working for. This person and I had previously worked at the same firm but didn't know each other. He was new at TPG and the role he was hiring for was new and not well defined. We spoke for about an hour. I never heard back from him. A few weeks later contacted the headhunter who said he'd liked me but decided to hold off on hiring anyone for 3-6 months. I also recommended a (well-qualified) friend for the position. He also interviewed and also never heard back.

Interview Questions

• He did most of the talking, which in itself might have been a test. I probably should've been more proactive/aggressive in terms of jumping in with thoughts on how I would help him solve the issues he was facing.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

There was absolutely no process whatsoever, I was told about the position and started the very next day as a temp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation, salaries are set in stone.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (New Haven, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

Started over the phone and continued in two additional interviews one more over Skype with and overseas director and one face to face at the work location. Included behavioral questions and business case based on prior experiences. Required relocation to a location still to be determined at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do day to day transactional activities despite the fact of your prior experience is at executive level.   1 Answer