TPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst, Treasury Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews: one with a Senior Manager in Treasury, one with a Director in Accounting, one with a Director in HR. After three they flew me. Next day was was interviews between 10am and 3pm. One on One with lots of managers, sr managers, directors, and managing directors. Very conversational aside from a few pointed questions about technical skills. Then had quick excel test which involved joining two days of bank account data and making pivot tables. Day closed with a 2 v 1 interview with an associate and a manager at Starbucks. Overall, it was a good process. Very intelligent people at a great company.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have an analog in your current work where you may have different groups wanting different reports? How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you needed to create an analysis but didn't know where to find that data. How did you find it, what was your method?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TPG (Wilmington, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited in for a face to face. The interview was very nice. I met with the General Manager and the Assistant Manager. Both were very friendly and asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TPG.

Interview

Meeting with too much people is so unnecessary to determine if I am right for the job. Skills should speak for it self. I thought it was just tedious to meet with 10 people to make a decision. It should have been a conference then.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask anything...more conversational about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very straight forward phone interview and then onsite interview with the manager and the design lead , and the last interview with the department director . Good experience nice conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First a phone call and then the magic letter

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TPG in January 2017.

Interview

Unecessarily long and cumbersome. It started with a 2 hour phone interview, then they invite you for an in person to meet with the hiring manager which took another 2.5 hours. They give you a case study that gets completed in 4 hours followed by another round of interview that lasts 5 hours. As far as I'm concerned, they have a terrible culture which shows in their terrible hiring process. There is no way you can gauge if an employee would be great or not till they begin doing the job.

Behavior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPG (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty laid back yet professional atmosphere. The CEO was my interviewer for my second interview. My first interview was with the HR department. After answering questions for the HR representative I moved to the next level in the interview process which was with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle finding out a co-worker is stealing.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was relatively straightforward. Met with several people in multiple groups to get a feel for office then after I narrowed down the group I wanted to work with, I spent more time with other employees there. Questions were thoughtful about macroeconomics and theory but also focused on personality.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred internally. Very conversational. A lot of fit questions. They were very interested in my excel skills. Most of the time was spent with them telling me about the different funds and structures, and how their team collaborated with the rest of the business. It was all very interesting and informative, but I ultimately decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• If my accounts receivable goes up, how is that reflected on the cash flow?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, a lot about background and interest and a "super day" of sorts. Definitely not structured like a management consulting interview but you definitely had to be on point with these guys--they're very sharp.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 head Hunter Interview, 1 onsite Interview with all stakeholders in the technology department.
    Once there I met with the CTO, IT manager, and did a phone interview with the H.R. manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you defrag the drive on a Mac.   1 Answer