TPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TPG Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TPG.

Interview

Meeting with too much people is so unnecessary to determine if I am right for the job. Skills should speak for it self. I thought it was just tedious to meet with 10 people to make a decision. It should have been a conference then.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask anything...more conversational about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very straight forward phone interview and then onsite interview with the manager and the design lead , and the last interview with the department director . Good experience nice conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First a phone call and then the magic letter

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TPG in January 2017.

Interview

Unecessarily long and cumbersome. It started with a 2 hour phone interview, then they invite you for an in person to meet with the hiring manager which took another 2.5 hours. They give you a case study that gets completed in 4 hours followed by another round of interview that lasts 5 hours. As far as I'm concerned, they have a terrible culture which shows in their terrible hiring process. There is no way you can gauge if an employee would be great or not till they begin doing the job.

Behavior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPG (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty laid back yet professional atmosphere. The CEO was my interviewer for my second interview. My first interview was with the HR department. After answering questions for the HR representative I moved to the next level in the interview process which was with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle finding out a co-worker is stealing.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was relatively straightforward. Met with several people in multiple groups to get a feel for office then after I narrowed down the group I wanted to work with, I spent more time with other employees there. Questions were thoughtful about macroeconomics and theory but also focused on personality.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred internally. Very conversational. A lot of fit questions. They were very interested in my excel skills. Most of the time was spent with them telling me about the different funds and structures, and how their team collaborated with the rest of the business. It was all very interesting and informative, but I ultimately decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• If my accounts receivable goes up, how is that reflected on the cash flow?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, a lot about background and interest and a "super day" of sorts. Definitely not structured like a management consulting interview but you definitely had to be on point with these guys--they're very sharp.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 head Hunter Interview, 1 onsite Interview with all stakeholders in the technology department.
    Once there I met with the CTO, IT manager, and did a phone interview with the H.R. manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you defrag the drive on a Mac.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPG (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Was brought in from out of state. Hotel, flight and car services provided were on par with other employers. Interviewed with 5 people and HR. Was surprised that all the interviews were supervisor or above to the position being interviewed for- no peers or staff.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work at TPG?
      - Tell us about your day to day tasks
      Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TPG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first, then took a test at TPG. Once I passed the test, I had an interview with the woman who would be my manager. I didn't find the test difficult, it all seemed like basic common sense. If you couldn't answer the questions you probably haven't been an EA. Overall experience was professional. They seem to hire exclusively through recruiters so you do have a liaison working for you.

Interview Questions

• Given conflicts on your exec's schedule, how would you handle and prioritize?   Answer Question