TSC Apparel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Seemed to be very thorough with test and questions. They called me back, but was not a fit for me as I worry about lots of cold call sales. The people I talked to were all young and very detailed and prepared. I liked them but the more they told me about the position the less I was interested. It would be good for someone more outgoing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSC Apparel.

Interview

Quick phone interview discussing background and job details. Personality test: always put sales/business first. In person first interview with recruiter, goes over what position entails, asks about background, shows you around office. 1 or 2 questions about why sales. Scheduled second in person interview. Shadowed BD Associate and next step BD Specialist. Met with 2 managers to answer questions from a worksheet. Comfortable interview process.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

First they call you after they receive your application for a brief phone interview. Then they send you a test which can be tricky because they base if you get a second interview off the results. Hint: always put business first. Then based off that they'll call you in to shadow both the BDA and the BDS and then they interview again with management. Then, after you leave management will discuss what they thought and how they would like to proceed. If you get the job they'll call you within a few days.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Why did you apply to this job? How do you think you could add to this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Interview

First did a phone interview that lasted about 10-15 minutes. The actual interview was easy, they did most of the talking and only asked me a couple of questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to keep getting up and going to work in the morning?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in-person first round interview with team members and executive, second in person interview with VP of Marketing. Relatively normal interview process, nothing too stressful or anything I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about skill set and experience. Asked to speak on specific opportunities I had to use the skill sets I've acquired over the years. Given personality test prior to interview.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the intern then an in person interview with HR Director. Both were easy but the in person interview felt weird. First off, I interviewed for this position last year, didn’t get it but was really close. I was told I was the next top candidate. So when I saw this position posted again I applied and emailed HR. I received a quick response and was set up with a phone screen. It was a standard interview. After a couple days I received an email for an in person interview. I was told by email that it would be a panel interview with many mangers, as I knew this would be part of the process I asked. The email also had a copy of the application and stated “if you do not have access to a printer please come early to fill out the application.” As I don’t have a printer I came early to fill out a paper application. When I arrived there was no one at reception to greet me. I waited for 10-15 minutes watching people walk by saying I was there for an interview. Finally someone went to go get the HR person. I sat with the HR Intern and a payroll person. (Why? I have no idea.) All they asked was “do you have any questions for us?” And they gave me the application. Then I waited a good 20-30 min for the Director. They knew I was on my lunch break (also stated in the email). The woman seemed more concerned why I didn’t bring a filled out application and that I said “we” instead of “I” in my responses. I managed a team. I figured we would have been appropriate since WE all did the work. For some reason that was a concern. Then come to find out it wasn’t a panel interview but just with the HR Director. The whole process felt weird and was glad when I got the rejection email. I did respond requesting feedback since I was a top candidate last year and now I’m at the bottom but never got a reply. My experience or personality didn’t change. I don’t think they know what they want. They are growing but I don’t think it’s for the best. I had a great experience interviewing the first time and was excited to interview the second time but this whole experience turned me away from this company.

Interview Questions

• You are saying “we” a lot. Did you do this?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSC Apparel in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a bit of a lengthy process. First, I did a phone interview with an employer. After passing the phone interview I made it through the second round and spoke with one of the employers at the company. They seemed interested and gave me a tour of the building before they invited me to be interviewed again at their office with someone else. Although I had been reassured that I would be contacted on whether or not I got the job, I received no phone call or e-mail. It wasn't until I contacted them myself did I learn I didn't get the job. It was disappointing to learn this company couldn't take the time to send an email or phone call to tell me I didn't get the job, and instead leave me hanging for 3+ weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Sharonville, OH) in August 2008.

Interview

Pretty simple actually. If you are familiar with accounting all of the questions were pretty cut and dry. But make sure you ask questions about the position you are applying for!

Interview Questions

• We had to part ways with the person whos job you would be taking. If we hired you, would you be able to start 2 weeks prior to your original starting date?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated down $1/hr to get an additional 2 weeks vacation per year. Then at my 6th month review I re-negotiated that $1/hr into $3/hr raise for dropping my health insurance/dental insurance (my husband could carry me on his policy).

Customer Service/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and after less than a weeks time, I met with The Call Center manager and two human resources persons. The interview was about a half hour, I was dressed in a suit, although the culture is a more lack dress code. Though I am usually nervous with interviews the people were very professional and informative to their industry. It was a very great first impression and a very informative and welcomed experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TSC Apparel? What are some of your strengths? Why did you leave your last position. What can you contribute within your position if hired?   1 Answer

Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSC Apparel (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then I was brought in for a 2 hour long interview. One with HR and one with the Manager. This was a little intense but overall they were nice. Normal interview process just a lot for two hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer