TSMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

TSMC Interview Questions

Interviews at TSMC

2.6

Summer Interview

Interview

There were two separate calls. The first was with Human Resources. They asked personality based questions. Another was with a department manager. They asked about prior experience and described what the internship would be like.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSMC.

Interview

Usually, you will not know too much about the job before the interview, so basically it’s hard to prepare. They will ask you to introduce yourself first, and then start to tell you the job content, and ask you whether you like it or not.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSMC.

Interview

Introduced the department and talk the my resume. Asked me about the course I took and the projects that I have completed. What's the biggest problem I faced and how do I solved it.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

The whole process was good and relaxed. They asked about my past industrial experience and my current Ph.D. research, not too many details. They didn't ask too many "test-like" question, more like technical chat.

Interview Questions

• (1) Briefly introduce your current Ph.D. research.
      (2) Are you willing to travel occasionally?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSMC.

Interview

English test, check your personality, HR interview and manger interview.
    Silicon knowledge test. so many test during interview. I don't like it and tsmc culture. That's my comment

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

We did phone interview with the recruiter, then a skype interview with the taiwan local manager. We discussed about work experience and academic background with the local manager, then compensation and salary with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was your academic background?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two on campus interviews, one from HR and the other one from a fab director, each about an hour. The interviews were fairly easy and mostly on behavior questions. HR assured quick turnaround and said that further phone interview from department is required.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSMC in October 2014.

Interview

I was a PhD student when I found TSMC's North America recruitment on Linkedin. So I sent my resume but didn't specify any particular position for which I want to apply. Few days later I received email of interview invitation.

Several managers (5-6) joined the interview on Skype. The first question, also the most frequently asked question in all the following interviews is to introduce my research. Guess they want to know my background. I spent about 15 minutes explaining my semiconductor device research, got interrupted few times for questions about the details of the tools I used, the materials, etc. Then spent another 10 minutes or so to describe my work history. They didn't ask any general questions regarding my life, personailty, or what I wanted to do, etc. In the end of first interview they didn't offer any position or anything particular. Just like ending a chat in the conference.

However few days later, I got a series of phone interviews from the R&D department. Pretty much the same questions as the first interview, but in the end I was confirmed to be considered for a module engineer position. Got an offer in the last interview. Then talked to the HR for more general question like education history. Nothing unexpected nor difficult. The whole process took about an month.

Havn't gone through the negotiation part, but I guess it's not too flexible for a newbie like me.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering other companies? Not sure if I should be honest or not. I chose to be honest.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TSMC.

Interview

The interview was for the campus representative position, so it was not hard. The HR basically went though most of the things I wrote on my resume, and most questions I was asked were related to my resume, so if don't make something up, you will be fine. And they asked me some behavioral questions too, very typical ones like how you resolve a confrontation.

Interview Questions

• None. Every questions I was asked were related to my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

You will get phone call to arrange the interview with you, and they will ask some general questions but not technical questions. The process went pretty happy and relax.