What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The salary is good and the platform is of high" (in 218 reviews)
- "Good pay and stable." (in 84 reviews)
- "It is good salary in Taiwan" (in 44 reviews)
- "benefit is good and also for the family" (in 35 reviews)
- "The people are nice and I learned some knowledge about how to generate standard cell library IP kits." (in 28 reviews)
- "Long working time and high pressure" (in 66 reviews)
- "no work life balance for on call and work overtime" (in 60 reviews)
- "Selfish people Bad culture Can’t use private phone" (in 44 reviews)
- "Bad management will never produce any promising end and the workers will undertake all the burdens." (in 40 reviews)
- "1. Managers don’t know the software and don’t understand how the program works properly" (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of TSMC and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,482 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
TSMC is a leader in chip manufacturing, making it an ideal place to gain extensive knowledge about chips.
The working culture is bad. TI is terrible.
- 1.0Jul 9, 2023TechnicianCurrent Employee
Good chance to learn, excellent platform.
Working at TSMC was like being in a constant state of chaos and stress. The company's fast-paced environment, while initially exciting, soon became overwhelming and exhausting. The workload was unmanageable, with tight deadlines and an expectation to deliver results at all costs. There was a constant sense of urgency, which left little room for thoughtful decision-making or attention to detail. It felt like a never-ending race against time, with no respite in sight. The lack of clear direction and communication from management only added to the chaos. There was a constant stream of conflicting instructions and changing priorities, making it difficult to focus on the task at hand. It felt like each department operated in isolation, with little coordination or collaboration. Moreover, the company's inadequate resources and outdated technology further exacerbated the stress. It was frustrating to deal with constant technical issues and equipment failures, which often resulted in delays and setbacks. Despite repeated requests for upgrades, the necessary improvements were slow to materialize. The work-life balance at TSMC was virtually nonexistent. Long working hours, weekend shifts, and the expectation to be available at all times left little time for personal commitments or self-care. The constant pressure and lack of support from management took a toll on my physical and mental well-being. In conclusion, TSMC's chaotic work environment, lack of clear direction, and inadequate resources made it an extremely stressful place to work. If you value a well-organized and supportive work environment, I would advise looking elsewhere.14
TSMC Reviews FAQs
TSMC has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 1,602 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at TSMC to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
42% of TSMC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TSMC 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.