TVB USA Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at TVB USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVB USA (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied online followed up by a simple phone interview. Arranged a time for an in person interview that was more in depth. Followed covid guidelines through social distancing and face mask.

Interview Questions
  • Can you speak Cantonese or Mandarin?
    1 Answer

TVB USA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TVB USA

Interview

First begin with a self introduction. Then read the workds on a vocabulary sheet in standard pronounciation and broadcast a piece of news. The interviewees presented several pictures of important persons that appear frequently in international news to let you name them. Lastly, within half an hour, translate a piece of news from English to Chinese.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TVB USA (Norwalk, CA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Interview was separated into 2 parts. First was with the department head where it was just basic questions to get to know you and your interests better to see if they align with the job. There weren't any technical questions, but they did give me a short creative writing portion to complete. The second part with management was horrible. The boss lady offered me the position but kept trying to make me feel bad so that she can pay me less. Of course, I know my value. As an American-born Chinese who is fluent in English, with no accent, and is union-eligible in Hollywood, I know I'm worth more than that even at a start-up production company in Hollywood. Worse yet, I have Hollywood editor friends and I knew what they were getting paid, so I declined their offer.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for TVB-USA? (They legit asked this.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TVB USA (Norwalk, CA)

Interview

Got a phone call first and had a simple phone interview, then schedule the on site interview 3 days later. Went to the company for on site interview. Fill a form first and then interviewed with the sales manager. It has been a week and haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TVB USA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TVB USA in Apr 2013

Interview

Introduce yourself. Go through every work experience on resume and clarify working period and details. Wanna hire people who speak cantonnes. Give a salary range.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TVB USA (Norwalk, CA) in Jun 2012

Interview

The overall interview was very typical. Phone interview first, followed by a writing sample request. After submitting the writing sample, you'll be given an interview based on this sample. The phone interview consisted of an introduction of yourself, your background and your skills. You will be interviewed in Chinese. Most likely Cantonese. Be prepared for the in-person interview. They will ask you to think on your toes. In my case, I was given 30 minutes to come up with a marketing plan. You will also be drilled on everything you put on your resume so know your stuff! The work environment is very mellow on the surface but I believe it is very challenging and stressful after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How can TVB USA utilize facebook or any other social media to gain more subscriptions by young adults in their 20s?
2 people found this interview helpful

TVB USA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TVB USA in May 2012

Interview

in- person interview right away; asked a lot of personal questions ; seems like he/she wants to marry you instead of working with you ; look down to entry level and keep stepping your head like "you know nothing about " and "you are just a kid stepping into the industry"...but all that they said is in purpose to lower your salary expectation.

1 person found this interview helpful