TXU Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TXU Energy

2.8

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TXU Energy (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

They will ask you a lot of personal questions such as how do you deal with the situation if you disagree with your teammates, or give us an example about the situation that you have lots of things to do and how did you deal with that.
    They also asked you about your advantages and about teamwork.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied online though company website. 2 weeks later received email for phone interview with recruiter easy. 2 weeks later scheduled FTF with hiring manager easy. 3 days later talked to hiring manager easy. 5 days talked to director of department. Notice I said talked did not feel like an interview, instead just talked about the company and how I can help I am currently waiting to hear back.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TXU Energy in July 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview with team and managers. First round interview consisted of background and resume experience, technical questions. Second interview was with director of the group who was obsequious and unpleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer is firm and company will not negotiate. Director was tough and discouraging. Bureaucratic process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screening was odd - HR seemed rushed and a bit unprofessional but that seems to be the norm these days. Site was a bit depressing in decor so that was a downer but interviewer was cordial. Seemed to be a very formal atmosphere. People dressed casually but it didn't feel casual. Interviewer was fine but I didn't feel comfortable there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TXU Energy.

Interview

It was an easy interview for an easy but time consuming job. The job needs you to be precise and detail oriented, so make sure to respond the questions the way that reflect those behaviors. They will ask you about leadership skills and your past jobs experiences, also they may ask you about your programming skills but nothing in details.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

They bring you in for several interviews with different groups. Mine last 5 hours with various groups and one on ones for an entery level position.

Account Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

2 meetings with 2-3 people after a generic phone interview.
    About a total of an hour and a half from door to door
    A lot of situational questions and some "get to know you" banter
    1 HR contact through the process is very helpful and adds to the experience
    Cool building with a lot of open area
    Parking is about a 100-300 yrd walk from the door
    Formal business interview - suit and tie

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you.... (they were all very similar to this)...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and received a phone call within two weeks. Interviewed a week later and got the job!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Basic, simple, met with all managers and manager's manager in separate interviews. I think it basically comes down to being confident, knowing your strengths, being personable, and ability to promote yourself professionally. I read up on the company before-hand and I asked a LOT of questions about the position, the company, the atmosphere, management styles, what each of them liked most about the company, their positions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I can remember was especially difficult about the questions, technical or otherwise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but the recruiter would not budge. That was disappointing but then again, that was really my first time negotiating a salary.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

all interviews were face to face. First the project managers and partner technical managers took the interview. After this CIO took the interview. Next step was to get references. Then HR comes back with offer.

Interview Questions

• What are the questions you will ask business if you are given a task to design a new solution to handle new pricing strategy of energy in Utilities solution.   Answer Question

Lower salary offer than current salary, benefits not too attractive, low vacation days