TXU Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter as a result of my expertise outlined in LinkedIn. She wanted to push me through to the next step however I was told they were looking for at least 4 candidates. She advised that the process would move slowly, weeks would pass without any word. I would email to express my continued interest, she would advise I was still in the running to be patient. Three months in, I was advised that they were preparing to bring in candidates for a panel interview. The whole process was formal. The interview was conducted by a Manager III and Manager II, the position would be 2 levels under the Manager III in that team to drive performance improvements. Once the interview was completed, a week must have passed before I was contacted to be told an offer would be coming.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process from gathering requirements, analysis, and driving process improvements, and provide as much detail as possible.   Answer Question
    • The position requires the use of <insert software program name>, have you used this software? If not, what experience do you possess, and how quickly can you learn the software program that we use?   Answer Question
    • Describe the lifecycle of the use of this software.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a process improvement you led previously, explain how the company benefitted.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

I applied on their website and received a call a week later. I did a 30 minute phone interview and was invited to interview onsite 1 week later. I interviewed with two managers. They made the offer after the interview closed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you the amount you will be paid no negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX).

Interview

I applied online , received email for a phone interview, then a formal face to face with three people which the whole process was fantastic.

I ended up interviewing with five people all of them great people and leaders.

I ended up not getting the job I applied
    for but they called me with I job they thought I would be better suited for with better pay which I wss hired for.

That is an amazing company with a great culture.

Interview Questions

• Txu is a customer service based company.

Every question I encountered was how can I serve, their customers better. What makes me and my customer service better than anyone else.

I was asked about different scenarios and how I would handle each situation.
       And had a impromptu presentation. It was all very light hearted but important part of the interview process   1 Answer

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very brief and straight forward The interviewer explained to me the compensations and bonuses that come with the position. Including points you receive by the amount of sales you make throughout the year. Another important factor was the one week training that takes place before i'm able to start going door to door.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i am good with talking to people and up for the everyday challenges that we deal with.   1 Answer

Account Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

2 meetings with 2-3 people after a generic phone interview.
    About a total of an hour and a half from door to door
    A lot of situational questions and some "get to know you" banter
    1 HR contact through the process is very helpful and adds to the experience
    Cool building with a lot of open area
    Parking is about a 100-300 yrd walk from the door
    Formal business interview - suit and tie

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you.... (they were all very similar to this)...   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied online though company website. 2 weeks later received email for phone interview with recruiter easy. 2 weeks later scheduled FTF with hiring manager easy. 3 days later talked to hiring manager easy. 5 days talked to director of department. Notice I said talked did not feel like an interview, instead just talked about the company and how I can help I am currently waiting to hear back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I did a online app then a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty lengthy it took an hour. The last was a in person interview with 2 people and they offered me the job. The drug test was urine screen.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and received a phone call within two weeks. Interviewed a week later and got the job!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TXU Energy (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

They will ask you a lot of personal questions such as how do you deal with the situation if you disagree with your teammates, or give us an example about the situation that you have lots of things to do and how did you deal with that.
    They also asked you about your advantages and about teamwork.

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TXU Energy (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Received a call or email to come to the office for one interview. Spoke to 4 groups of 2 people in 30 minute sessions.

Each group was looking for a different quality; Initiative, cultural fit, skill set, etc. After that, I waited about two weeks before receiving an offer.

The next year, I was involved with the hiring process. It's very important that you express genuine interest in the position. That cost several people an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent project where you faced a team challenge, and how you handled that challenge.   Answer Question