Talisman Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Talisman Energy

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. The interviewers were extremely nice, and I learned a lot about them as well as let them know about myself. I got the interview through my campus, and had the interview on campus with a couple of my classmates.

Interview Questions

• The activities I was involved in as well as what I was learning in classes that would help with the job.   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They flew me to the location, put me into a good hotel and had a limo pick me up to take me to the interview. The team was assembled into a room and all asked questions. After the interview I was asked if I wanted to go see some locations, which I said I did. We departed and visited the locations and the interview went on at an informal rate.

Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

This was a professional and thorough recruiting process. One of the best I've had. Honest and engaging recruiter who knew the company, knew the role, and knew the hiring manager. Follow-up was timely and useful. Recruiter was helpful in explaining the structure of the organization and what to expect during the panel-interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle keeping a project going while org change is happening?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They contact you first and not through the agency. Interview board, they decide and let the interviewee know soon after they have made their decision. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• What type of oil and gas experience do you have?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by group interview and interview with Executive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

Interview with the heads or team lead. Each take turns asking questions.Interview was an hour long approximately.A mixture of behavioural questions and technical questions. They will usually get back to you quickly too if you were the successful one.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have come up with new ways of doing things in your previous workplace   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in September 2009.

Interview

They asked" what salary do you want?" I said at least 2000 USD/month

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

The interview went well. All kinds of false promises and a very positive picture was given. The questions were not tough. Any experienced candidate should be able to clear the interview. the team was much better when i joined.

Negotiation

that time it was good as they had some very experienced HRD

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

1 interview- over the phone if you are located out of town and in office if you are in Calgary. Usually two people taking the interview( one HR manager and one specific job manager).

5 to 10 min spent on their introduction.
    10 min on resume overview
    20 to 25 minutes on behaviorial questions from there end.
    5 min for your questions

overall 45 to 50 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview- 10 to 15 minutes spent on resume overview and then behavioral questions extracted from the resume. e.g. what did you do in this team ? give example of a situation when one person was not cooperative in the team. etc.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talisman Energy in March 2011.

Interview

First round was a group interview. If you successfully made it through that, you get put through to the second and final round which is a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Talisman?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the oil and gas industry? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question