KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tanium Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 263 of over 263 interviews

Employee Referral18%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Tanium

Application

I interviewed at Tanium

Interview

Initial phone call with the HR Manager and then a follow up phone call with the sales manager. Both were very professional, courteous, and attentive. They were actually interested in my background.

Interview Questions
  • What were my plans for the next 5 years?
    Answer Question

Tanium

Application

I interviewed at Tanium

Interview

Individual interview followed by panel and then CEO sign off. Very thorough and gives you the change to get a real sense of the organisation. By the end you will know if you want to join or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Tanium

Application

I interviewed at Tanium

Interview

5 interviews over the course of 2 months. The week that they were supposed to call with the offer they ended up changing the position completely, which left me unqualified.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tanium

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tanium in Aug 2022

Interview

Four phase interview and I made it to phase three. First phase was a phone screening with hiring manager and asked my background, then they gave background on company and position. Second phase was with the Sales Development Manager and they asked for my elevator pitch on myself then gave background on position and answered all my questions. Was told this is an entry position and would be in “sales school” for first 30-90 days. Third phase was with two account managers. They were both very VERY young. Both just graduated with less than 5 years professional experience which really showed in the interview. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Was told by hiring manager in a convo before the interview to “close” them and I asked them if there was anything that would prevent me from moving forward. Both of them said there’s no issue and they want to get to know me more. Left feeling positive. I call the hiring manager after the interview to let them know it went well. Hiring manager said they’ll let me know after a couple days. I receive notice from hiring manager after a couple days that they are not moving forward with my application. Replied back to hiring manager thanking them for their time, but asked for more information and specifically what went wrong to learn from my mistakes. Have yet to receive a reply after a week. They also posted a new SDR job posting. I don’t think preparation for the interview was my problem but more of a culture fit. I think generally they thought that I was “too old” for the position (I’m 31 and I am engaged to my fiancé). Makes sense bc most of the sales team is >25.

Interview Questions
  • If you’re given 1000 contacts what would you do with them?

Tanium

Application

I interviewed at Tanium

Interview

Have a 75 minute interview with a technical panel consisting of three technical account managers. Additional time before the interview of 30 minutes to see a Tanium product demo. The interview will have several rounds of questions as well as a practical knowledge section.

Interview Questions
  • In as few words as possible, please describe the linux file permissions.

Tanium

Application

I interviewed at Tanium

Interview

First the phone assesment and then face to face interview followed by call process and also it was a university placement process. Then I love it is urgent please contact me on the phone and I love the same time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tanium

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tanium in Jul 2022

Interview

I would not waste your time. The candidate experience is the worst I’ve ever seen. Canceling interviews 5 minutes before they’re supposed to start, no transparency, interviewers asking the exact same questions as other interviewers. It’s pretty clear they are not on the same page. Avoid this company if you can.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tanium

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tanium in May 2022

Interview

I read many reviews on here in advance that spoke about really good starts to the process and then being ghosted or having the recruiter do a 180. I was hesitant but excited about the company so I interviewed. I had the same exact experience. Three very strong interviews, an extremely responsive and easy to chat with recruiter and then - crickets. The recruiter turned really formal in a follow up, had no feedback, and then eventually ghosted me. Truly a complete waste of my time and reminds me to trust my gut and the many reviews on here. It’s really just a sign of a bad company culture when your recruiters lack basic respect to be up front and responsive. As you can see by a lot of the interview experiences, it’s not worth wasting your time. I’m unclear how they have such high happiness scores, I’d feel pretty uncomfortable working there given the lack of respect for candidates.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Tanium

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tanium in May 2022

Interview

They interviewed me, and I only received positive feedback during the process. However two days after the technical interview I was told they didn't want to continue but would not provide me with any feedback or reasons why. This company led me on and wasted my time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tanium (Addison, TX)

Interview

Bumpy. Recruiter said it would take 2-4 weeks, but I was interviewing with them for 6. Recruiter also stated it was going to be 4 rounds during our initial screening. I had 6 levels, which included a 45 minute presentation that they threw in unexpectedly. I received consistent positive feedback throughout the interview journey, but was declined candidacy. No feedback was given as to why I was declined.

Interview Questions
  • How do you adapt to change? What methods do you use to stay organized? Tell me about a challenge you faced in your career and how you overcame it?
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 263 Interviews

Tanium Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Tanium according to 283 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.73%