Taphandles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.5

Entry Level Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process it's self wasn't too bad. The last interview, which is with 5 different employees, was a little stresful. The CEO asked me trick questions- which I didn't know what answer to. Which made him seem disappointed.
    I frst had a phone interview, then a skype interview, then in person interview with two project managers, then a second round of in person interviews with 5 more employees.

So overall the process itself wasn't bad, and I felt confident because I was completely qualified. It's the field I want to go in, I have been continuting my PM education, and I felt that (other than the trick questions) I nailed the interviews.

About two hours after my finals interview, I was emailed that I did not get the job. I was devastated, but asked that I be considered if it doesn't work out or something opens up.

Okay- keep chugging along on the job search. All is good.... UNTIL! About 5 days letter I found a Craiglist posting for the same exact job I was turned down for! I found it extremely unprofessional and upsetting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a zombie apocalypse. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. How would I make a taphandle. How do my peers see me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was a Skype chat with their HR director- very pleasant conversation, pointed questions, left with a great feeling. I had an interview set for the following week in their offices. The first portion was a writing comprehension test on a computer. Second were one-on-one interviews with their Hiring Manager and CEO. They both felt impersonal, like it was late in the day and they wanted to get home. I think they are looking for a certain type of personality, and favor sales people who are right out of school.

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how this Tap Handle was made   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a shipment arrived damaged and the client was on a tight schedule to release a new beer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taphandles in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Craigslist - answering questions, CL and resume. Set up interview following with HR. Interview was via Skype and very conversational. Asked a lot of 'rate yourself' questions. Unfortunately the role was not marketing/sales based - it was all about 'delivery', which was not my interest. It was managing data and customer service, production and shipping schedules. Position starts out at 40K with the opportunity to earn $45K-$50K in the next 2-3 years. The next step was situational emails and was tasked to respond like I was responding to the customers. I respectfully declined after this step as the role was not for me. The emails, however, were missing some imperative information I noticed. From there, the next steps was an interview with Director of Operations and 2 PM's and the last interview was 2 members of sales team and CEO.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe yourself in 3 words/qualities
      Q: What company culture are you looking for
      Q: Can you speak another language
      Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The HR asked some basic questions regarding rating my own skills and familiarity with certain tools. Also there were behavioral questions, basically trying to know you as a interviewee better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

It started out with an oddly specific cover letter and resume submission to their outside HR consultant, who seems to only work for them. Then a phone interview. After that it was wait for "at least a month" while they interviewed other people from past open positions. Also had to do a writing sample for a GRE test question and a response email to an impossible situation.

Next there was a sudden need to schedule an interview quickly. Met with 2 senior PMs and 2 PMs. Their experience in interviews seemed pretty limited, and I found myself leading questions often. Even some of their planned questions lacked much depth in discovering much.

Interview Questions

• Would you be fine with the job if it entailed 70% of the time doing just data entry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Similar to the other interviews, I was contacted initially via e-mail to schedule a phone interview with their HR representative. From there, I met 1:1 with a lead PM in-office for about an hour. The third round interview was three hours and included several meetings - some 1:1, one panel interview, as well as a written portion to complete. The next day, I was asked to do one more writing test as if I was writing an e-mail response to a client. I was extended a verbal offer by the HR representative and was told that then would be a good time to negotiate rather than doing it once hired and to please follow up via e-mail with thoughts on "what I could work with". I followed up via e-mail within the time frame requested with slight negotiations and they decided to retract the verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• If I was deserted on an island and could bring two things with me what would they be.   Answer Question

I attempted to negotiate the initial offer (as requested). I didn't accept as-is.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first is basically a phone screening with he woman who works in HR, basic questions about experience, software proficiencies etc. The next is a one one one interview, which took about an hour and was fairly informal. The final round of interviews included a panel interview with other project managers, a written test, and two one on one interviews with a sales rep and the CEO. All in all it was a fairly comfortable pleasant interview experience. Everyone there seemed friendly and quite happy to be working there.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asked me to take a position on an issue and try to convince him to agree with me. This one kind of threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Junior Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taphandles in February 2015.

Interview

Had a total of three interviews. The first was with one of the main recruiters for the design team. Had a nice, comfortable 'get to know you, what are you looking for' discussion-interview over a beer in their office (my interview was at 10am).

Interview number 2, was with two of the designers on the team. Very much a personality test. The company is awesome and their office is an open flat where creative people come together, work hard in close corners and also enjoy a very playful environment with beer, games and music.

Interview number 3 was with a marketing director. Much more of a formal interview. Hardest questions asked for sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I heard about the job through a friend. Their HR department reached out to me and linked me to their job posting once it was active. Their initial application is to have applicants write what could be considered a joint cover letter/resume, which serves as a topical basis for the interviews. There was a phone interview which seemed to be more of a formality, making sure you're not completely inept., a 1:1 interview, then a panel interview. There was also a written argument test, really similar to the analytical writing assessment portion of the GMAT. The whole interview process was pretty light-hearted, the people I spoke to during my interviews seemed like they enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer pulled a "random" tap handle off the wall and asked me how I thought it was made.   Answer Question

Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interesting cover letter request "Tell about your philosophy on employee relations/management and a time you turned around a sitution for the better." One interview with company president: very likable and interesting fellow. The office is very creative and high energy. Was not prepared to be offered a beer before the interview. The entire business revolves around beer (tap handles, glasses, signs and branding/marketing campaigns). You should be prepared to discuss beers you like and brands you admire.

Interview Questions

• "which beer brand do you feel has a good market campaign locally?" Just caught me off guard. Of course I had lots of thoughts on the subject after the fact. Also, handed a few tap handles and asked how I thought they were created. Don't want to give too much away: just have to be able to show you can think things logically through.   Answer Question