Tata Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Power Interview Questions

2.9

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

casual, cool, friendly setting. Questions were from power system protection and interlock schematics. DC AC schematics. Work experience gained, learning from previous projects and experience gathered. Interest in field, manual, software work. Was asked about the willingness to continuously travel and work on field. Was interviewed by senior manager and then introduced to the General manager. Given an instruction to never return from the field without having solved the problem, which helped me personally in life.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

First online test and next group discussion round and then Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are forced to accept bribes during the part of the company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I have apply through the offcampus placement.In the tata power the first round was the technical test where the question on only c/c++ and the database.there is no negative marking .

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was average level. Aptitude,english,reasoning,technichal and managerial questions.No Gd. One round of interview. Shortlisted candidates were less for this. The difficulty level for technichal was conceptual for statistics. The Hr questions were asked more.

Interview Questions

• What were the four learning experience that improved your working capapbilities from the last internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Questions on transformers, and transformer protection. It included the basic transformer theory concerning electric circuit diagrams and protection principles, differential protection. They want to know if you have a clear head and understand the practical aspects instead of the bookish knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work anywhere and what do you know about Tata power?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

first of all there is a aptitude and technical conducted by AMCAT which was very easy to crack.Basic knowledge is tested. then 2nd round is GD. My topic is GD is necessary in selection process.iam nailed it as it is very easy.then last round is HR+TECHNICAL interview

Interview Questions

• mainly questions in power system and machines first when i entered the room he asked about tell me about yourself as i was prepared about it i said without nervously   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers in the panel. Both interviewers had big designations.
    They started with ice-breakers. They asked about 10 technical questions and asked me to explain it to them clearly. They subjected me to more practical based questions than theoretical questions. They were particularly impressed by my resume and my training information. They cross-checked my resume by asking me questions pertaining to different section of it. They even asked me to draw and explain some power systems related diagrams.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Kolkata (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

written exam followed by GD followed by personal interview (technical and HR). the written exam was conducted online by cocubes. the interview took place in a single day and results declared on that day itself. personal interview had 3 persons: 1 HR, 1 electrical and 1 mechanical department person. interview level was quite tough and long in 1 day

Interview Questions

• questions regarding electrical engineering, my project work and HR related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

it is a great company so my advice would be to accept it if one gets an offer

Human ResourceTrombay Thermal Power Station Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Business HR Head for Trombay Division took the interview. interview was about knowing academics, hobbies, interests and research that was supposed to be undertaken. Personal interview was taken. after a period of week or so, we were informed that we could join as trainee in human resource department.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to academics   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Campus placement, written test consisting of aptitude and technical questions. This is followed by group discussions and technical & HR interview. Confirmation was given by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation