Tata Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Steel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Less formal, informational interview with HR and hiring manger; and then a second interview with HR, hiring manger, general manager and potential co-worker. All interviewers were very nice and easy to get along with. Entire process was rewarding but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected, but there was also a written portion during the second interview where three interview questions needed to be answered.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Was more of a general chat rather than a interview.
    Wanted to get to know my character and previous work experience to judge whether I would fit into their working environment.

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

It consists of three stages
    Online aptitude test ( easy aptitude questions)
    Centre based test ( questions from your branch )
    Interview (3 rounds)
    All candidate has to go for all three rounds

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Direct Interview, mostly behavioural, no stress interview, they were looking for the right attitude and respect for values at TATA, what as a person your values are and how do you use those values in daily life

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Steel (Bhubaneswar (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview by a panel of 5 people who were from different departments of Finance, Accounts, Planning and Audit. The interview lasted for about half an hour. Interviewers were friendly there were no stress points during Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Steel (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

They were very friendly and they explained me the procedure. When I want something to clarify they did it.It was a quick interview in comparison with other companies.I will know the results after thw weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q1) About my intenship
      Q2)where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q3)working under pressure
      Q4)team working   1 Answer

Summer Trainee In A Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Steel (Indore (India)).

Interview

First round was a group discussion where the group was asked to come up with the topic followed by a personal Interview with two interviewers in the panel which lasted for around 15 minutes.Questions were mostly resume based, on my position of responsibilities which I held during graduation followed by questions on basics on marketing as it was a marketing role and to test the sales skills, I was asked to pitch for selling a sandwich which was on table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Sell the sandwich ?
      Resume based questions   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Steel (Dhanbad (India)).

Interview

The students were shortlisted after a written test which consist of logical,quantitative,verbal,technical and psychometric questions.Then there was group discussion consisting of 14 students,the topic for gd was simple and after that 10 students were selected for interview.There was a panel of 3 person and alternatively they were asking the quetions.

Interview Questions

• questions were from engineering drawing,tom,solid mechanics,refrigeration and air conditioning and HR question   1 Answer

Management Trainee Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

Interview

It consisted of three rounds. First was an online test based on technical knowledge. It was an easy round. someone with good technical knowledge can easily clear this round. Second was a group discussion round. Easy topics were given and candidates were asked to discuss. Third was personal interview. It was very friendly but at the same time, quiet difficult. Complete technical knowledge is checked and analysed thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• The very first question they asked me was about my hobbies and interests.   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotherham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Steel (Rotherham, England (UK)).

Interview

Intense intervew broken down into two sessions. First session consisted on meeting two interviewers and a chair. Questions asked relating to role applying for, techincal, specific as well as legislation rulings. Second session was a presentation followed by questioning.
    I found the whole experience to be daughting, not enough time to prepare was given a call few days before, slightly disorganised for the expection of the interview. I have dealt with last minute interviews without a problem, but found this one extremely intense with the time restrictions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions relating to analytical instruments used such as SEM.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to attend a second interview for a role in the environment department.   1 Answer