Tech Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

One way computer HR interview with Generic Questions about how you deal with customers and some personal questions followed by 2 person phone interview with the Hiring manager and Technical Staff. This was for the Cisco Role.

One month and a week later they still did not get back to me despite mailing them repeatedly. Huge companies like TechData don't value a person's time. I understand if everyone can't be reached after a one way initial screening but it's utterly disrespectful of the company to be knee-deep in the process and not update the candidate with any decision a month later.

ASR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying, I received an invite for a video interview the next day. They invited me to a face to face within the same day. During the face to face they asked me very specific questions about past work experience, and quizzed me on my knowledge of the company. There were two people interviewing me and the one lady didn't seem very interested in what I had to say. After hounding me for specific examples of past work related scenarios for about an hour, they put me on the sales floor and had someone teach me how to do the job. She quickly went over how to do enter all the data and then made me do it myself. It wasn't that hard and I did fine. After about two hours of intense interviewing for a job where you are just filling out data and sending emails for most of the day, I went home and checked my email a few days later to find I wasn't offered the job. I appreciate them getting back to me so soon, but I wish they didn't waste so much of my time when the interviewer didn't seem to have much interest from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite thing about your last job? Your least favorite? (They asked this about every job listed on my resume)   Answer Question

Microsoft Cloud Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial web interview with pre-recorded questions that lasted approximately 20 minutes long. I got a call back the next day and was asked to come in for a face-t-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Described a goal that you set for yourself and whether or not you exceeded it   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tech Data (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

A walk through with first shift manager she was very well informed as to the equipment. She was factual and knew pay differential when asked. I thought she was very well informed as to HR type questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about equipment and stressed if I like working 3rd shift   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Online video interview and phone interview. I received an email with date and time that it needed to be completed and then there was a follow up phone interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy going one-way video interview then I had two in person interviews a the Clearwater, Fl location. The first video interview was a pre-recorded interview, if you pass that you are called in fro an in-person interview.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vineland, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tech Data (Vineland, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Why you decided to work for these companies and please tell me a little bit more about your experience. Are you working now why you want to live the company that you working now. And if I hired you how do I know you won't live us?

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call, wowapp video interview where you present answers via web/phone cam and submit to them. You don't actually talk to a person, but a camera. From there, if you are selected, get called to come in. Then I came in for actual interview. Interviewed with area manager and assistant at same time.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What role do you see yourself in?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tech Data in November 2016.

Interview

A Tech Data manager invited me via LinkedIn to visit the office in Largo.
    I have visited the office. He introduced me to a group of managers. At the end, he mentioned that HR will contact me.
    2 weeks later, a young (super young lady) contact me via e-mail to apply for this job.
    I have applied on-line, sent Cover Letter with the Manager´s name.
    No answer for 2 weeks.
    I requested a feedback via e-mail.
    The "young girl" apologize and said they want to continue the process with a video interview.
    I provided this video interview (very bad experience, I do not recommend). I am a business professional, I am not an actor.
    This was in November 2016. They never sent a Thanks you for your performance or any feedback. I have requested via e-mail, but there is no answer.
    Since February, 4 managers and 2 recruiters from Tech Data sent me a message via Linkedin with the following message:
    "I would like to invite you to apply for an excellent position at Tech Data!"

Interview Questions

• - What is a typical career path in this job function?
      - Tell me about a time when you successfully handled a situation?
      - Give me an example that best describes your organizational skills.
      - What negative thing would your last boss say about you? (Serious!!! I do not have anything to say about my current boss, you guys invited me to apply and record 3 minutes of 25 years of experience)
      - Give an example of a time you successfully worked on a team. (Just 3 minutes talking to a web cam with no human interaction)
      ** Please, use Skype for an interview! It is free and much better.   1 Answer

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Kelly Services at Tech Data. I was asked about my availability and encouraged to interview with a manager for a temporary position. The interviewer was unaware that I would only be available on a temporary basis even though I had discussed this with the recruiter at least twice in the past month. The interview was very easy; I got a tour of the floor I would be working on and was not asked anything difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/ weaknesses?   1 Answer