Tech Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy going one-way video interview then I had two in person interviews a the Clearwater, Fl location. The first video interview was a pre-recorded interview, if you pass that you are called in fro an in-person interview.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vineland, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tech Data (Vineland, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Why you decided to work for these companies and please tell me a little bit more about your experience. Are you working now why you want to live the company that you working now. And if I hired you how do I know you won't live us?

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call, wowapp video interview where you present answers via web/phone cam and submit to them. You don't actually talk to a person, but a camera. From there, if you are selected, get called to come in. Then I came in for actual interview. Interviewed with area manager and assistant at same time.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What role do you see yourself in?   Answer Question

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Kelly Services at Tech Data. I was asked about my availability and encouraged to interview with a manager for a temporary position. The interviewer was unaware that I would only be available on a temporary basis even though I had discussed this with the recruiter at least twice in the past month. The interview was very easy; I got a tour of the floor I would be working on and was not asked anything difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/ weaknesses?   1 Answer

LC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tech Data (Swedesboro, NJ).

Interview

First a lady from HR called and gave me an over the phone interview. Asking me some basic questions about myself. And told me a little about the company and told me what they were looking for. Asked me if I was interested. Then set up a in person interview for the next week. The next week I arrived on time but still I waited in the conference room for about 20 mins. Because management was in a meeting. A superior came out and told me that he didn't have an open positiontive for me in his department. But I might be needed in another department. And that supervisor was unavailable that day. He continued with the interview questions. And told me that someone would contact me with futher information if they were interested. A few hours later a very nice man from Human Resources called me to set up a drug test. And collect the rest of my information.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my previous employment. What skills did I possess. And what kind of riding equipment was I certified to drive. He asked about what kind of computer hand held devices was I familiar with. Was I available for the mandatory overtime and was I willing to work weekends...   Answer Question

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and 1 week later was asked to do a video interview. Then 5 weeks later got called in for 2 on-site interviews. Both of which went really smooth. Both managers were extremely pleasant and nice. After both interviews I was scheduled for a third on-site interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about techdata?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data.

Interview

A series of 1-hr, 1:1 interviews with 3 people, including the hiring manager. They were very pleasant and informative about the position and company. They were casual and informal, although there were behavior based questions asked. The interviews started on time, which was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you observed a biased decision being made.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Multiple interviews with a lengthy application process even before I got called in for an interview. The ask behavioral type questions during the interview process. They didn't hire me at first because they had a hiring freeze on as they did this quite often to save money and hit their numbers so executives to make their bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your customer was upset and what did you do to handle it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I then got the request for the video interview. I followed the advice on here from others that this was like a live interview so dress professional, get prepared, and have your answers ready as if it were live. I then got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview and then traveled to Clearwater for a live interview. I then had once final phone interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview. It was all prerecorded and you have time to consider your answers. Very easy and takes the stress out of it. As others said, you still want to dress professionally as this is expected and will help you with the process going forward. This was only the first round of more interviews if I made it through.