Tech Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tech Data

2.6

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Charlotte, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

The process of the interview was very easy. The HR called me to talk and get an idea of me and said hell call me back within two weeks to say if they want to continue. I got a call the very next day to schedule an in person interview. The interview was scheduled for a week later and the in person interview was basically behavioral.

Interview Questions

• how would you manage a dominating co-worker?   3 Answers

SSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Normal interview process, nothing too difficult. Standard interview questions. Most questions pertained to previous employment history. They ask you to type out your five year plan on a computer to assess typing skills.

Channel Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Lots of behavioral and situational questions. Overall, it was fairly easy. Managers do care about each and every applicant. Lots of good feedback after the interview. I would recommend Tech Data anyday

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   2 Answers

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tech Data (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

A walk through with first shift manager she was very well informed as to the equipment. She was factual and knew pay differential when asked. I thought she was very well informed as to HR type questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about equipment and stressed if I like working 3rd shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Applied on line at company website. Submitted resume with cover letter. Received call from HR requesting that I complete several tests such as basic intelligence, typing skills, problem solving skills, etc. Interviewed with several managers to determine best fit in the company, once you get past HR interview. Sent to facility to receive random drug testing including urine sample. Once results were in went through a round of interviews done in one day. Process typical of any company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was made providing base salary with potential targeted salary with bonus and commissions.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with 3 people for the interview, 2 managers and the vp sales. They mostly asked situational questions to see if you knew how to negotiate and sell.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describ a situation where you lost a big sale and one where you won a big deal and what were the outcome of the situations and what were the take a ways for the experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I attended a job fair and was invited to interview. I called, was scheduled, and interviewed with a few executives on different days. Meeting upper level management was a good jump start into the business. One vice president in particular liked my type of background especially, and that person was the reason I was hired. Also, the process moved quickly for me, because the company wanted to populate a specific training class that was coming up in the near future. For this reason, all required interviews were scheduled promptly.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience help prepare you for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was almost nothing to negotiate, because the position, its pay scare, and the job requirements were all pre-printed and every applicant had to accept the conditions or refuse the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL).

Interview

standard interview questions but prerecorded. you also have a little bit of time to prepare. you'll get called in for a second round if they approve. interviewer was a department head.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tech Data (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview. It was all prerecorded and you have time to consider your answers. Very easy and takes the stress out of it. As others said, you still want to dress professionally as this is expected and will help you with the process going forward. This was only the first round of more interviews if I made it through.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy going one-way video interview then I had two in person interviews a the Clearwater, Fl location. The first video interview was a pre-recorded interview, if you pass that you are called in fro an in-person interview.