Telefund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2016

1.5

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Within an hour I was called by one of the supervisors for a brief telephone interview, in which she asked if I could speak and write in English. As they were raising funds for a major political candidate, she asked me what political party I was registered under, as well as some basic questions (who's the Vice President? Who are California's senators? Who's running for president?). She then scheduled me to come in for an orientation the next day, where I interviewed with another supervisor one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What in your past work experience qualifies you to do this job?   Answer Question

Astronaut Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telefund (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

They played the movie "Apollo 13" and then asked me if I could do what they did. I pointed out that that what they had to do with the technology of the time probably took some knowledge. However today it shouldn't be any more difficult than a hard level of Candy Crush

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was afraid of heights or roller coasters.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a one hour interview process. The interview took a total of about 15 minutes and it was immediate hire. After that there were 3 training days. After that training was learned on the fly and through poorly passed out papers.

Interview Questions

• Think of the first word that comes to mind, then sell it.   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telefund.

Interview

Walked in and read a script. Then did "Training," for which I was not paid. My trainer sucked and was a drug addict/ drunk. I couldn't stand the smell of the place. Horrible experience. Everyone there looked sketchy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I feel about calling for controversial issues.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I regret having accepted

Caller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefund.

Interview

I applied for several positions above the level of caller. Had four interviews with them and they just never followed up. After every interview they never told me when the next one was. I felt as if I was just being interviewed as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Did I want a career in my major? If so, why would I apply to stay there   1 Answer

Student Fund Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telefund (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview to assess my attitude towards generating funds, asking about previous experience in collecting funds,my work in high school and undergraduate college.what I hope to do withtbis job, why I think I will be a good fit for the student position, what were my expectations for the job?

Interview Questions

• describe any weakness and how it interfered with your work?   Answer Question

Fund-Raiser Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted application information via their website and was called back two days for a telephone interview.She asked me if I was familiar with any of the abbreviated campaign names that she read off. I told her no but I'm familiar with campaign telemarketing because I did work at another company. she said well if you work at that company and you should be familiar with some of these campaigns. I told her the campaigns I worked on which were not the ones that she read to me. She then told me that maybe I should go to their website and read more about their company and she can we interview me without prejudice.

Interview Questions

• are you familiar with political campaigns?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telefund (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initial phone call was kind of like a screening, then my first in person interview was with a group of people and they went over pay, hours, etc, then I talked to someone individually for about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question - what would I say if someone said they couldn't give right now!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered me the job on the spot then did the second interview the next day

Telefunder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview unpaid, one mostly unpaid training, 5 training days to see if you get to stay

Interview Questions

• Finding out how much you have to push potential donors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Group interview followed by one-on-one interview. This part is just to make sure you're not criminally insane. Then you're scheduled for a trial shift, where some random person will be assigned to judge if you'll succeed at the job. There is no rhyme or reason to this process. Just make some effort to try to get sales, and try to be cool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me how much I was going to get paid, and then started.