Tenaris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tenaris Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tenaris (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met Tenaris at my university's career fair. The first step was to take a Numerical Reasonings test, which was fairly difficult. If you passed, you entered the next stage which was the group interview. The interview consists of Legos, instead of traditional interview questions, and then you got put in a group with a scenario and you have to present your case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenaris (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They put about 20-30 of us in a room and gave us a bag of leggos, told us to build something that represented our dream job. then they sent us all out and called us back in one by one to explain what we'd built. After that they made cuts one by one in front of everybody and those people were sent home. for the second round we were given a case study and told to (in groups) find solutions for it with a specific budget and then present those solutions in five minutes.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenaris in September 2016.

Interview

First I took an online test that was analyzing a bunch of charts. It was hard, but I made it through. I don't know how they score it. Then there was a session at my university a week later with about 20 people. They had us individually show our dream job through legos, then there was a group exercise about running a city that we had to present.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenaris.

Interview

It was a normal interview process. I had 3 managers that sat in on the interview. They asked questions regarding my experience, background and skill level. The questions were those typical of an interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tenaris.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a personal interview. The personal interview was in stages. Meet with HR, complete competency exam, meet with department director, meet with area manager, meet with site coordinator

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenaris (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was interesting, we were given a set of legos to describe our dream job. Then a case study followed by some QA (in group). Overall the interview was not bad at all, but I didn't like the recruitment process. The took long to answer emails, I was supposed to another interview and they never emailed back to confirm it, even though they scheduled before I left. I emailed them a couple of weeks after that and they said they decided not to hire, but they never bothered to let us know. Something I definitely not appreciate.

Coiled Tubing Auxiliary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tenaris (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager may not even interview you personally. The HR manager interviewed me. And honestly it was more of a 'can you take orders' not a 'can you make us better'? To be fair the market was in the middle of a downturn.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd be willing to take a huge cut in salary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tenaris (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The staff are very hands on with the students looking for an internship. There is three stages. Test, Individual assignment, Group assignment, Final Interview. Everyone is very friendly and constant ask you how the process is. Very low stress. Easy questions asked.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenaris (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Talked to them at my school's career fair and they invited me to an information session later that night. The first 45 minutes of the session was the analytical assessment. The quiz they give you has you answer a bunch of questions about the many graphs and data plots on the back of the packet. It's actually kinda challenging so I recommend you manage your time and spot the patterns (about every 5th question refers to the same graph and the questions about each get harder the further along you get in the test). If you manage to pass (apparently only about 33% do), they invite you to an on-site interview. There, you get put into groups with other people they're interviewing and do both group and individual activities. For our individual activity, they gave each of us a bag of random Legos and tell us to, in 2 minutes, build our dream job at Tenaris. After the 2 minutes, each person in the group talks about what they built. We do this again for a second time, where we had to build a condo that is safe, self-sufficient, and cost effective and present what you built to the group.
    After the individual activities are over, you as a group are given a case study of this fictional island with a bunch of problems and must work together to figure out how to solve the problems using the $2 million grant given to you by the government. You have 10 minutes to decide and then afterwards, each team is called up to present their case to all of the hiring managers there. Some even ask follow-up questions about the island after you present so just be prepared for that. They are taking notes on you throughout all this. My advice for you is to relax and just be yourself.
    After all this is over, they serve you lunch and the hiring mangers and HR ladies all get in a room together and after about an hour and a half, they name all the people that get to move on and get interviews. Everyone else goes home for the day. I'm almost 100% certain that they pre-select candidates to interview because I honestly felt that I did awful during the activities and did nothing to separate myself from the group and I still got called in for an interview while other people in my group that I felt did really well on all the activities were sent home.
    As for the interview itself, it's pretty simple and they just ask basic behavioral stuff and try to see if you're the right fit for the job and location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenaris (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Had to go in and take an number reasoning assessment. Once I passed that I was invited for the second phase of the interview at their headquarters. Had to use legos to answer their question and a group assignment as well. Once that part was over, they went into a room to finalize those who would be getting an interview. Those who did went on to the last phase while the rest went home.

Interview Questions

• Explain the technical aspect of a certain project I worked on.
      Why Tenaris?