Tennessee Tech University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.4

News & Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back about 2 weeks later. I Interviewed with two department heads and a staff member. The process took about 30 minutes. I received a call to schedule an all day campus interview. I spoke with at least 15 people during the process and had a writing test for my final hour on campus. The people seemed nice and professional. However, I waited almost a month later to find out whether or not I got the job, and I still didn't receive a call back. I emailed the Director of Public Relations to check on the status of the position, but I didn't receive a response back. I only found out that they hired someone by going on their website. It seemed very unprofessional to not let your top candidates know whether they got the job or not.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University.

Interview

Talked to employer. We were at a table. Asked what i made in certain classes. Easy interview. Decent pay. Would do again. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University in August 2015.

Interview

Interview Process took several days and it was a good experience for me. I had to explain my previous teaching experience and the amount of time I spent on doing projects related to that field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good teaching assistant for this course?   Answer Question

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was an all day interview meeting with the whole Reslife department. The interview consisted of individual meetings with the Director, the Associate Director, the Assistant Directors and then the Hall Directors. Student support was there as well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in coming down to TTU from the Chicago land area?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was in a conference room with most of the IT staff. It consisted of a brief introduction of myself and a slideshow of my previous work experience. Next was the chance of anybody in the room to ask me any questions they had. This was the hardest part of the interview because some of the questions were aortic loaded where their was not an easy way to answer them.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

didn't get interviewed except by secretary

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

it was an easy interview, based on my GPA i got it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotitation

Gallery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (Cookeville, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper interview and send it through campus mail to the Gallery Coordinator. I waited three weeks before hearing back from her in email and she said that the position had been filled already. A week later I received another email from her stating that the original possible gallery assitant fell through and she offered me the job instead. And I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic. I think there were only 3 and they pretty much asked what skills I possesed and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Tennessee Technological University Interview

Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Tech University (None (Italy)).

Interview

I was asked by a professor to become their teaching assistant. There was no interview process. The higher the grade the better chance you have of getting the job. Turning in your work on time and being courteous to others helps too.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions unless you count having to have a B in the class you assist. The higher the grade the better chance you have of getting the job. Turning in your work on time and being courteous to others helps too.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.