TerraCycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.4

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle (Trenton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and wait for 4 weeks and emailed the hiring manager to ask about the progress of the application. Then got a phone interview. The hiring manager was a little bit late. The interview began with some general questions and then continued with going through my resume.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you hear the position?
      2. Why do you want to work at terracycle?
      3. Why did you choose your major?
      4. Most interesting research projects u have done.
      5. Go through the resume
      6. Open question - how to deal with chewing gum
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

After applying to the internship, they called me and I had a phone interview. It was very laid back and they asked me a lot about myself and my resume and then they wanted me to tell them what I knew about the company. They also asked about my career aspirations and what I was interested in pursuing after college.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself and then they asked what I know about the company.   Answer Question

PR Interview

Interview

Very easy... 30 min phone conversation and I was hired the following week. Some were asked to come into the offices, others were just phone screened. The usual questions were asked. Just be yourself and be honest :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle.

Interview

The company was really great, staff was very hospitable and kind, made me feel very welcome to be at their office. Both interviews were great, staff was laid back and was very nonchalant with interview process. They however wanted to low ball the average salary of a job with this skill set by 20k. If they want to really preach sustainability they should look more into social sustainability.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were about how I would handle unique scenarios within their office and dealing with the daily situations such as balancing multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and an in-person interview. Was asked questions about my experience, what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work at the company, and what skills made me qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at TerraCycle   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle in September 2015.

Interview

Went over my portfolio. Talked about strengths and weaknesses and what I was capable of doing. Interview was about an hr. After the interview I was given a tour of the building. Interview seemed to go well, later on that day I was given a test project to see if I could do the projects that typically give out.

Client Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle in July 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone even though it was clear I was over qualified in order to ensure that was the case. For someone just returning to the interview/application process (I have worked for the same company for 16 years and still do) it was the perfect first call.

Interview Questions

• May I get right to the point? How much are you making/expect to make?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TerraCycle (Trenton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview first, which lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were not too difficult but required creativity to answer. I was called back a few weeks later for an on-site interview, where I was given a tour of the facility and asked more questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think has been the most useful class you have taken so far?   Answer Question

Research & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle (Trenton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was emailed regarding my interest on the position. I went through the first round interview (which was a phone call) and made it to the in-person interview. I was able to check out their facilities and was further asked more questions regarding material processing, etc.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take in order to convert silica into another reusable material?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TerraCycle (Trenton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

1. CV screening
    2. Onsite interview
    waited for like 2 weeks and get the offer, the interview process is simple since the position is unpaid. the recruiter is nice and quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• Mostly go through the resume in a friendly atomosphere   Answer Question