Terrapinn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terrapinn Interview Questions

2.8

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terrapinn (New York, NY).

Interview

Discovered through recruiter, did a phone interview and in person interview with them to determine if I was a fit for the job. Was then scheduled for an interview with the GM. Spoke about my resume at length, had filled a competency form prior to the interview that contained a modest number of questions. Second round of interview with Terrapinn involved creating a 'mock conference' agenda. You are given a deadline that is dependant on the timeline of the interviews and once submitted you come in person to go over your agenda. Ended up being a great resource for when work started to acclimate you to the beginning of your production processes.

Interview Questions

• Do not recall at the moment. The most important part was producing a 'mock conference'   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn.

Interview

Contacted about a week after submitted my application. First round phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Mostly resume walkthrough, then received an invitation to come in for an in-person interview in the office at the end of the call. In-person interview was pleasant and lasted about 45-60 minutes. Met with only one person.

Interview Questions

• No real surprises. Give an example of a time you failed and why.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer. Worried about retention.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Terrapinn (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screen. They invited me in for group interview. The group interview consisted of a brief overview of the company followed by informational packets. We were assigned to a take-home assignment. I was invited for second interview and this time math with a manager who is very young and intimidated by me due to her lack of experience.

Interview Questions

I chose to decline the offer because it was not aligned with my career aspirations and the job wasn't going to be challenging enough for me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Went through a few emails back and forth, landed a few interviews to no success. Company seemed very interesting though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn in June 2011.

Interview

You will have to work on a project and submit writing samples. Asked Normal questions. Found that they omitted some of the challenges that someone working here would have to deal with.

Conference Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

'Mock case study. Such a joke. Like the "management" interviewing me

Interview Questions

• Do you have a passion for the conference industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Base salary. Don't expect to live in Manhattan.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terrapinn (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Heard about the role through a recruiter, had a two stage interview process and competency based application form to complete. The process was quick, straight forward, transparent. I met two managers, first stage was more around my CV and experience, second stage concentrated on my application form. Best bit of advice I could give, especially for a salesperson, make sure you know your numbers and have examples to back up claims.
    Both interviewers were professional in approach but didn't give much away. I wasn't sure how I'd done until I got feedback from my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• "if you were train a new starter what three key things would you teach them on their first day"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Handled by the recruiter, efficient, hassle free

Experience Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a call within a week. There were 2 rounds of face to face interviews along with several aptitude test before an initial offer. The atmosphere seem pretty relaxed and the environment is rather positive with many people aged below 40 or so. Nice office with great view!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, pretty straightforward and simple scenario-based questions   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

First had a short phone interview, a competency test and an assessment day. The assessment consisted of a an unexpected pop quiz, a company presentation given by them (I prepared a presentation on terrapin as I thought Id be the one giving the presentation not them) followed by a case study which had marketing related questions such as "what marketing strategy would you use in such and such situation" and "How much of your total budget would you allocate " etc. Then whoever passed all the tests would move onto an interview which mainly based on your answers from the competency test and case study. They further asked about how i would cary out specific marketing campaigns. Overall very easy, having that said I didn't actually get the job. lol

Interview Questions

• If you could design any kind of conference, what conference would you do and why?   Answer Question

Ds Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terrapinn (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

No major issues personally. The interview was designed to test the fit for appropriateness to the company's culture and versatility within. Is an ideal fit for new graduates as they are more mouldable . The role I applied for was fairly specific so not sure how that carries over to other roles but I didn't feel cheated or as though the process was unfair in any way.

Interview Questions

• No unfair or difficult questions that I can recall. Fairly typical questions asked   Answer Question