Textron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Textron Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.6

Csr1 Interview

Interview

Got a phone call interview everything was straight forward if you have nothing to hide everything will go well. The HR rep was polite and professional i believe textron is a solid company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a challenging moment in your life?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Interview

Had a initial screening interview with the current talent acquisition specialist. Then within the week, there was a second interview with the hiring manager. Was not asked to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you had conflicting views with someone in a supervisory position?   Answer Question

Director, Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Textron (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Straight forward. Searched online. Applied on their website. HR contacted within a week. Took basic info such as expectations, why looking for a job etc. Then phone interview with Hiring Manager. Then on-site with peers, BBs and Manager. Some role based questions, some skill based questions

Interview Questions

• Give an instance on how you influenced a senior executive to adopt the Continuous Improvement program   Answer Question

Domestic Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Textron (Providence, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online from a job posting site, and I got an email from an HR representative a few days later inviting me for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted two days later. The HR rep was friendly, and the phone interview was pretty typical in terms of structure and the sort of questions you'd expect to see (e.g. tell me what you know about Textron, tell me about a project you've done, what did you take away from the project and what was a difficulty you faced, etc.)

About a week later, I get an email from the same HR rep asking me to come into the office (the Providence, RI headquarters) for some second interviews. It took a while to get all of the managers' schedules coordinated. It took a week after the "second interview" email to find a date that would work, and those dates were three weeks in the future (so a month after the email asking me for a second interview and 5 weeks after the phone interview). The second interview was to last 2.5 hours with five different managers (30 minutes with each manager). I got an email from the HR rep a few days before the second interview date telling me that one of the interviewees had a conflict and couldn't make it. When I get to the location the day of the interview, I'm told that another manager couldn't make it, and a third had to call in from Wichita rather than interview me face-to-face.

(I feel that now is a good time to mention that I'm not trying to put any positive or negative spin on what has happened thus far. I'm trying to record what happened as objectively as possible. You can make your own inferences. I do understand that these are busy people.)

Anyway, I interview with three managers for 30 minutes each, two from the tax department and one from HR. They were all friendly and professional, and since I did my homework, the questions were pretty easy. (e.g. tell me why you want to work for Textron, what's you five-year plan, name a strength and weakness, why should I hire you, what's a class you thought was particularly difficult, etc.)

I thought I aced the interview. I was able to demonstrate all of the research I've done (I quoted specific figures from their annual reports and community outreach efforts, I even mentioned what year the company went public). The conversations didn't lull at all in the 1.5 hours I was there. I was asked about the skills on my resume that didn't pertain to finance and accounting, which I thought was a positive sign since I thought they were trying to eventually make the case that I was a well-rounded candidate with a variety of skills. I also thought that they were taking a personal interest in me. Why would they ask about my non-accounting and finance skills if they didn't feel comfortable with my accounting / finance skills?

However, this was a tax internship, and I am pursuing a finance degree. I was thrilled when I saw this posting online that they were accepting both finance and accounting students. But when I asked one of the managers to tell me if she has any hesitations about my qualifications, she said (in so many words) that since I'm a finance major, she's not sure if accounting or taxation is something I'm interested in pursuing in the long-term. I mentioned that I am strongly interested in pursuing accounting at the graduate level and that the CPA does not require an accounting degree, but merely 150 credits, only 24 of which must be in accounting classes. (My accounting minor + an M.S. in accounting would have met this requirement).

Unfortunately, I got a canned email a few days later telling me that they went with a candidate whose "background better aligns with the requirements for this position." Despite my efforts to convince them that I am interested in accounting in the long-term, it does seem that my finance degree may have been my Achilles' heel, even though the listing specifically says under requirements "Pursuing a Bachelor degree in accounting / finance." Of course, I can't say that this was ultimately the reason that I was rejected as a candidate, but I did think it was unfair to have one of the managers reference my finance degree as a perceived weakness when the job listing specifically mentions that both accounting and finance degrees can apply.

Overall, the interview process was pleasant and professional.

ISC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Textron in March 2017.

Interview

STAR Behavioral Questions. Very basic interview. Want to get an idea of who you are, what your personality is like, if you know enough about the company, and overall, if you would best fit for the company. Second phone interview with a commodity manager

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Textron.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity at a college career fair. Had a face to face interview with the head engineer from Bell Helicopter. Was early in the morning and pretty sure the guy wasn't even awake yet because he repeated the same question three times in a row.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class? Why this company? Why mechanical engineering?   Answer Question

Finance LDP Interview

Interview

The interview was very casual and personable. Interviewer was very engaging and was attentive while listening. I would recommend to stay personable throughout the whole process as they are looking for people they like to work and speak with who are enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to take the lead.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to lead a team with different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Textron in January 2017.

Interview

There are three rounds for the interview. First with recruiter then with the hiring manager and finally in person. I was contacted by a recruiter and was soon given an interview that went quite well. I was told I would advance to the next round and they would contact me for the second round of interviews. A week went by and I emailed the recruiter asking when the next round would start. She told me next week. Another week went by and I emailed her again. We repeated this cycle one more time. Then she told me my resume was with the hiring manager and I would be notified tomorrow. Several more days go by and I email her to ask what is going on and she emails me (on the official donotreply account) to tell me they've decided to go with other candidates. So no second interview apparently.Very sketchy. I noticed that the person that would have been my supervisor got demoted and they put two new job postings up to replace them. Very disappointing experience. Extremely dissatisfied.

Avionics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Textron.

Interview

Tough. Make sure you watch interview clips. These will serve most useful as you will be nervous and draw a blank when the questions are coming your way. I really enjoyed the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Textron (New York, NY).

Interview

Not hard, very relaxed and friendly. Met on campus then in person. Asked about resume, fielded questions from me and was very receptive. Left feeling like I knew more about the company and was excited to continue with the process.