The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Boston Beer Company

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company in January 2019.

Interview

I've been in the process for two roles- first as an Associate Brand Manager, then later as a Business Analyst. It starts with an initial HR screener, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person. I definitely recommend doing some homework on the brand/category you're interviewing for, as I fielded a few questions on that, but no "gotcha" style questions. They mostly ask situational questions and for general skills/background.

While I didn't get an offer for either role, the process was easy to navigate. The Recruitment team at Boston Beer is incredibly easy to work with; provide honest feedback each step along the way; and foster real relationships with their applicants. As someone who has interviewed with numerous companies these last few months, Boston Beer's Recruitment team is honestly the best I've worked with. Not many places provide helpful feedback and have recruiters that truly learn your strengths/weaknesses and consider other roles where you could fit. Hopefully the third time's the charm!

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge facing the brand? Why this role/Boston Beer?   Answer Question

The Boston Beer Company Response

Feb 22, 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the kind review, especially in regards to your comments about our Recruiting team. We take hiring very seriously here and we do our best to make it a positive experience for every... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR/Recruiting, and then 4 on site interviews ranging from 30 minutes - 1 hour. The total time spent on the interview site was about 3 and a half hours, and provided relevant insight for a candidate towards the Company and their operations.

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 2 stages. First a phone interview and then several interviews a couple days later with the team and the boss's i would be working with on a day 2 day.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot a VPN that is not working,   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter arranged a phone interview. A day or so before, she had me log in to a web portal and do a personality test.

The screening interview began with basic questions. A few minutes in, the recruiter stopped the interview and told me she'd gotten the results of my personality test and I'd failed. She said that they only wanted happy people working at Sam Adans, and that I would not be considered for any further positions with the company.

What in the world?

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, 3 more phone interviews, then in person interviews with 4 people ( hiring manager, 2 employees in dept., director)

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with HireVue then proceeded to phone screen. Unimpressed by recruiter: unprofessional and meek. Very slow follow up. Lengthy process not really conducive to enthusiastic pursuit of the job.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

A great interview experience, but be prepared to commit time to the process. It gives both parties a chance to evaluate the decision, as there are several steps. It begins relatively straight forward with a one way hire vue video, where you’re asked basic questions including why you’d like to work for Boston Beer. If you are chosen to progress there is a phone interview with a recruiter. He or she will then decide whether to move you forward to a 3rd interview with a region and division manager. If all goes well with this, you will progress to the 4th interview which is a ride along. All of these steps allows the candidate to also get a feel for the company and the role they’re applying for. The final interview is via Skype with the Cheif Sales Officer. All 5 interview steps took about 3 months to complete. Although sometimes it was anxious waiting between steps, it is so worth it to be patient and take time to express yourself, your qualifications, and your desire to become a part of this amazing team. And if you do find yourself in the waiting game, understand that it’s in the best interest of both parties to ultimately decide if it’s a great fit. All in all, patience and persistence is key... and if you get an offer you’ll feel that you are valued right out of the gate. So rewarding!

Interview Questions

The Boston Beer Company Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Cheryl Fisher, VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the thoughtful review! You're right... we do have a long interview process, particularly for our sales force-- and that is it not only to make sure that we hire the best, but also so... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Its extensive and intense - for good reasoning, they are a top notch if not the top company to want to have the privilege to work for. Started off with the HR recruiter, then with the hiring manager (regional manager), then with the divisional manager, and finally ended with the Director of sales.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Long, tedious interview process (3 months usually)

Interview Questions

• They give you a packet with a mock sales situation and you have to make a sales call with the VP in your final interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    Personality Test/Background Check
    1:2 Interview with Region Manager and District Manager, flew me to CA for the interview
    Full Day Ride along with District Manager (current boss)
    1:1 Interview with Division Manager
    1:1 Interview with VP Sales, role-play presentation of a sales call

GREAT culture at Boston Beer Co. Everyone is really competitive and friendly. It's a very autonomous job and sales-driven, but since the pay is salary--not commission--they want you to focus on the other important things like customer relationships and wholesaler interaction, not just the activities that directly make the company money.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why the beer industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process was pleasant. Started off with an automated video interview. After that, it was a phone interview with someone from HR. Following the phone interview was a live video interview with the regional sales manager. All questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for us?" "Tell me about yourself." etc... After the 3 interviews the next step is a day on the job, where they get to see what you would be like in the position that you are being considered for. This was hard to schedule and the day mine was scheduled, I was to be out of town for my current job. When I spoke with my contact at the company about my situation, he never got back to me. The entire process took almost 2 months and there were still a couple steps left to go had I been able to take the time from my other job to actually do them.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve your goal and what did you do?   Answer Question