The Bowdoin Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Bowdoin Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Bowdoin Group

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group.

Interview

The interview process was standard. An initial phone screen followed by a first-round interview with members of the firm. Last round consisted of a work related exercise followed by two more interviews. Interviews were behavioral in nature. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about challenging situations, leadership roles.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Earth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group (Blue Earth, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was asked me some basic questions but other questions that were not even job related and I could tell the interviewer was quick to write me off. Interviewer was not an easy going individual but remained professional.

Summer Interview

Interview

Interviewer was nice and the interview was very conversational. Asked general questions regarding your resume. Be ready to elaborate on your experiences.They love people who are competitive and money-driven so if you can touch upon those, I think you would be all set. Team environment seems really good and they are very selective. They have to know that you would excel and help the company make a lot of money. The position was also for recruitment so you should touch upon how you are a good sales person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well and the individual I spoke to was very outgoing and personable. The in person interview was extremely unprofessional. It was evident they did not want to spend the time getting to know me and were quick to tell me I was not the right fit after a half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email one day after applying to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 20 minutes, then I was scheduled in for an in-person interview the following week. It was the same person interviewing on the phone and in person. She was very friendly and asked straightforward questions. The in-person interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you felt particularly challenged on the job and how did you respond to the challenge?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group.

Interview

I found out about the Bowdoin Group through a career fair at my school. Clicked pretty well with the recruiter I met, and later had a phone screen. I felt this also went really well. Continually throughout the process I was told by various people my experience was impressive. I attended an Open House, and again clicked with many people. Then I had the interview, which also went very well. It was a pretty standard interview, no big surprising questions. I was very comfortable, and think I did well. A week later I was told they were going with someone else who had more experience. I guess my experience wasn't as impressive as everyone kept telling me. Their attitudes were a little misleading, I had false hope, but overall it was a fine experience.

Interview Questions

• What are two goals you have set for yourself, and how did you achieve them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group (Wellesley, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phase One: Phone screen asking pointed questions looking for money driven, competitive and sales minded people.
    Phase Two: Online test (costs them money) to determine fit or not
    Phase Three: Initial interview
    Phase Four: Next Interview
    Phase Five: Final Interview
    Phase Six: Offer meeting (they will low-ball you, ask for more!)

Interview Questions

• Interviewing with the Partner, every question. He is not a nice person.
      Example: What drives you to succeed?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

You must submit your resume and have an optional cover letter that is directly sent to the Hiring Manager/Team which is then reviewed. If resume seems like a good fit, this is directly tied to a phone interview. If that goes well, you are given a very important Behavioral Assessment. If that goes well, then you are invited to an in-person interview, which can lead to a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions are necessarily difficult, but people tend to not take the Behavioral Assessment seriously, which is used pretty heavily.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group.

Interview

The Bowdoin Group was very clear with what they expected. There wasn't any trick questions, just some questions to try and figure out how good you are under pressure. I really liked how they would respond to you in a timely manner to give you feedback after each interview round. You end up loving the company and wanting to work for them through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Were able to wait 6 weeks for your final answer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Bowdoin Group (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview screening for behavioral tendencies, past experience with research and recruiting, and a brief overview. Left most of the talking to me, leaving me to guess whether the response was well-received. Prompt about reaching out and following up, but did not explain the position in greater detail, which led to communication errors later in the interview.