The British Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The British Army Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.2

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pirbright, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The British Army (Pirbright, England (UK)).

Interview

Lengthy process. Mainly about your physical ability i.e how fast can you run 1.5 miles and push ups sit ups in 2 minutes. Consists of a BARB test which isused too acertain which jobs you should go into.

Interview Questions

• What core/regiemtn would you likw too join.   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The British Army (Westbury, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview and selection process spread over three days. Candidates had to undertake certain tasks, ranging from physical to mental agility. Prepare presentations and deliver them to panel and audience. Undertake various tests which tested problem solving and analytical skills. Interviews with panels on more than one occasion. Group discussions and syndicate work was also required to highlight collaborative working.

Gurkha Army Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

There will be 2 types of interview in the process bt the process is same in every steps u must give the answer in a confident nd truth manner nd u must tell the truth

Interview Questions

• tell me something about brigade of gurkha   1 Answer

Officer Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The British Army (London, England (UK)).

Interview

At the Assessment for AOSB/ Main board, you will be put into a group and conduct a group discussion so have a few current topics at hand so do research and know the information on these, Also make sure to give your own opinion with dominating the conversation and make sure to bring others into your topic. I.E So what do you feel about this... Or how could this be resolved.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the role and responsibilities of a young officer are?   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The British Army (Westbury, South West England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Online paper work - interview with current or retired army officer (this is just to check you're a normal, functioning person) - Briefing (1 and a half days down in westbury, you will be told all about the activities you will be taking part in) - Main board (the big one, 4 days down in westbury, everything that you've done at briefing and more. Includes 3 interviews with serving army officers.

Negotiation

British Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

3 day process of interviews, testing and leadership skills. There was also a section where you had to present to the whole group of 50 candidates. There was also a physical assessment and a medical assessment. Interviews were 1:1 and with a panel. All testing was completed using computer touch screen.

Interview Questions

• In your own words describe what makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Soldier - Reservist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Applied online and was invited down my local centre for a evening introduction and Interview. The interview was relaxed and focused on my background, reason for joining and goals.

The next stage couple of months later was the medical and selection stage, involving group tasks, ice breakers and a fitness test (1.5mile run, fasted time)

Combat Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

3 stages:

1. Online application - fairly straightforward form. Personal details, previous employment, education etc.

2. Careers office interview - BARB test (basic numeracy and literacy), First and second interview, book onto selection

3. 2 Day selection - 1.5 mile run, pushups, pullups, jerry can carry, team tasks, essay writing, speaking in front of the group, final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join?
      What are you hoping to get out of the army?
      Where do you see yourself in a few years?
      Why did you chose combat?
      What do your family think?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The British Army (Westbury, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

An initial briefing of two days which included fitness test, command and leaderless tasks and group discussion. Afterwards suitability was assessed with a timeframe to attend four day course. Same activities to be completed as well as interviews with a panel. Difficult planning exercise which centred around some distance/speed/time calculations performed under pressure.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be an army officer   1 Answer

British Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Week long assessment process, I applied through the career centre. Before I went to the assessment I was assigned a support mentor to give me guidance before I went to the interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are suitable to be an army officer.   Answer Question