The Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Citadel Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Citadel

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Citadel.

Interview

I met with my supervisor, was encouraged to apply online, and submitted the application along with my resume/curriculum vitae. I was contacted by a few different departments and accepted interviews for three of those departments. Each interview had a similar structure although various departments were looking for different skills and work from a Graduate Assistant. I met with my (now) direct supervisor and the interview was very conversational. This job happened to be with the same department as my Master's degree, so after this interview and job offer, I rejected the other two department offers. I have been very happy with my decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to get out of your time in this position?   Answer Question

Student Activities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Citadel (Charleston, SC).

Interview

State Application, but I knew someone who contacted the hiring Director. He reached out to me directly and asked for an interview.

1st - "interview" no hard questions; they were all like "Tell me about yourself."

2nd - 15 minute presentation to a team on a topic of my choosing related to the profession.
    A few behavioral questions.

Job offer within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew the state pay range. I asked for the highest number in the range and got it.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Citadel in December 2010.

Interview

Be prepared with questions that will let you find out the exact natured the job. No interest in your qualifications and experience and very little in house expertise in specialized fields. Is a state job - don't expect a hearty work ethic from long serving staff; most seem to be content to do the minimum necessary so as not to get disciplined ( because it appears to be next to impossible to get fired! )

Interview Questions

• Why did you want this job? It doesn't pay market rates.   Answer Question