The Columbus Dispatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Columbus Dispatch

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

5 interviews in total which which took 3 weeks to get through. It was unclear at times why we were meeting again when it was with the same person

Interview Questions

• Are you able to reach monthly and quarterly targets/goals   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch.

Interview

face to face with different levels of management. Went to 3 interviews. talked with manager of department and his direct supervisor. Took a tour of facility including where I would be working

Editorial Interview

Interview

The hiring process involved both a phone interview as well as me going into their office. The phone interview was pretty casual but lasted upward of a half hour. The meeting in person had a lot more serious tone to it but none of the questions were unfair. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch.

Interview

Talked with their top editor who talked more about himself than the paper. His brand of journalism is boring and lacks any amount of creativity. The paper's staff is disgruntled and most think they are about to be fired. The paper appears to have laid off nearly all of its better reporters and now finds itself sucking wind to the local TV and radio stations. The staff complains about newsroom management and its lack of desire to do good journalism and its complete lack of understudying of online news. Most say run out the door and keep going. Worse yet, the pay they offer is really low. Papers in Toledo and Dayton are much higher in quality and pay way better.

Interview Questions

• Do you use email more than postal mail.   1 Answer

They are just too behind online.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch in August 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional. They will ask you if you're a subscriber - and if you're not, it's incredibly uncomfortable in the room. I was really turned off by the lack of communication on their part. I didn't know I did not get the position until I got a letter in the mail, about a month after my face to face interview. When I followed up with HR, my email was never returned.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch in January 2013.

Interview

Took 4 months. Did a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with hiring manager. Third step was a group panel interview and a presentation. The process took a very long time. Presentation is role play. Given a company and you have to give a mini presentation on a marketing plan that will fulfill their needs.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy. Just typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

News Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, OH) in July 2008.

Interview

Process stalled once interviews were over. Notification on manager's decisions took a long time. I found the department managers to be unnecessarily cryptic when it came to answering certain questions pertaining to the hiring process.