The Guidance Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Guidance Center (Southgate, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

there were three levels of interview, one with COO, one with four people and the last one with COO and CEO. the interviews lasted for about one hour each for each session.

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Guidance Center (Southgate, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Two people sat there and asked questions off of a piece of paper. They never once varied from the script. They looked at each other but I don't remember them looking at me at all when I was answering. And it was funny because the person before me walked out with a bemused look on her face. Part way through the interview, I understood why. I wish I had time to ask her about it before I went in but the male half came out to get me right away.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember a specific one. They really were that generic. I'm sure there was something about my biggest accomplishment or the last compliment I received from my supervisor. None of it was actually about me. It was all about what I had done for the previous places where I was employed. The male who was a new head supervisor for that department was actually really cold. I think the female manager would have been friendlier if he hadn't been there.   1 Answer

In-home Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Guidance Center.

Interview

Questions on experience working with diverse Family I had to so I was able to write in behaviorally specific language by responding to a scenario my experience with treatment plans and the Juvenile Justice population the interview was rather long I was interviewed by the clinical supervisor who asked about 10 or 12 questions they wanted to know my experience servicing the SED and the DD population

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have developing treatment plans   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Guidance Center (Southgate, MI).

Interview

I accepted an interview with the company only to be told once I arrived at the interview that my degree was not in the field they were looking for and that the interview should have not be scheduled. This was after I spent nearly 20 minutes completing a paper application and background check forms. Then I was told to check back on the site for other job opening. I said "No thank you."

Interview Questions

• What field is your bachelors degree in?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Guidance Center in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got the call to set up an interview. When I arrive for the interview, there was more paper work to fill out. After completing the packet, the interview began. The interview was only 30+ minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Describe a time when you did not meet a deadline and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Dedicated Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Guidance Center (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

It felt like the usual sort of interview. Sat in with the department director, HR representative, and a couple of other people that didn't say anything during the interview. Asked the usual questions and reviewed my resume.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Guidance Center (Southgate, MI) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and fairly informal. I had been recommended for the job by someone on their board of directors which significantly helped with getting my foot in the door. The agency is professional but with an air of informality. One of the best features of working here is having a flex schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working in a field that is challenging and filled with populations that are traditionally underserved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $40,000, which was already higher than what they would normally offer someone with my degree (MSW) with no formal full-time work experience post-graduation and I was able to negotiate an additional $3,000 because I had a lot of work experience prior to graduate school, and I had a lot of experience with evaluation and report writing during graduate school.

Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Guidance Center in March 2011.

Interview

long process and they do a very thorough check before offer comes from HR

Negotiation

very friendly with HR

Outpatient Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Guidance Center in October 2009.

Interview

It was a simple one on one interview. I met with the supervisor who went over teh details for pay. After we discussed the percentage of pay, he described the clientele. Basically regulary insurance clients, adults, families and children.

It was simple, he was nice. Unfortunately it is contractual, so what you bill , you get paid.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation that you've had to handle?   Answer Question