The Headfirst Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Headfirst Companies Interview Questions

1.9

Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Fairly simple, easy going. Just asked about who you are as a general person. If you like kids. Interviewer was interested in me and knew I was qualified.

Positive Motivator & Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My first contact with the camp I believe was a simple phone call to schedule a skype interview. During the Skype chat, the trainer asked some questions about why I wanted to work at the camp. Following the skype interview I received an email with a job offer. Really quite simple. I think one of the hardest parts was paying money to get my fingerprints taken. I think the cost was around $60, but they do reimburse you if you bring a receipt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at headfirst?

What age group of kids are you most comfortable with?

Have you had any experience coaching or teaching sports in anyway?

Have you had any teaching experiences?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how comfortable I was receiving the wage offered. This is up to negotiation, and if you have skills with coaching or teaching, I would definitely ask for a pay raise.

Camp Counselor/DayCare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applies online and few days later I was sent a email explaining I had a great background and resume and would like a face to face via Skype call. Did the Skype call it was short and sweet with questions basically on how to handle shy children or children that misbehave. The interview was over in less than 10 minutes. I was sent an email for when my first day would be sent out etc. Yet for certain reasons I could not be a full time counselor I could only be a daycare counselor which I already explained. When I sent that email out I was sent this the following day through email: "we have concluded that your skills and relevant experience do not completely match up with our particular search criteria for this summer. Though we cannot currently offer you a position at Headfirst this summer, we certainly agree that you have a wealth of skills and a lot to offer." My best friend who I sent the same job out to work with me got the job and she has No (None) experience in any job and she knew for a fact that I should have got the job with her if not before her.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a shy child to interact with others?   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple, I applied online through my University. After a few days I was called in for an in person interview on campus. On the day of the interview I sat in with HR personnel for about 20 minutes and was asked basic question on my camp experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been like working at a camp? What was your role? Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 year?   Answer Question

Associate, Talent and Legal Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Very, very long interview process. understand that HQ is small and they don't go out with a lot of offers. You get to meet with the most important people at the company and they're able to give you a realistic idea of what the work will be like.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Initial email contact followed up by scheduled phone call. First round interview and then later told that the position was already filled. Very kind and well spoken on the phone yet I believe the position was filled from the beginning. Have heard good things about the company and will keep an eye out for further openings.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Towson, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Skype interview, very nice lady, basic interview questions like describing your experience, school life, describe your personality and passion for kids. What is your major in school (if you are in school) and how would you handle specific conflicts or situations in the camp.

Associate, Talent & Legal Affairs Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies in January 2015.

Interview

I had an absolutely fantastic interview process with Headfirst. They reached out to me on LinkedIn, and after an initial phone screen, I met with the team twice in-person at the headquarters in Woodley Park. Everyone on the team was extremely intelligent, enthusiastic, and passionate. The recruitment process is extremely caring and professional, and the recruiters are always prompt to respond to inquiries.

MLB Camps Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told that I would be having a Skype interview but it turned out to be over the phone. It was a casual conversation. I was asked about my playing background as well as my experience coaching kids. The interview turned casual as we talked about our baseball playing days.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with kids in a baseball/coaching atmosphere?   Answer Question