The Headfirst Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was simple and I was able to stay in touch with my contact at the company throughout the entire interviewing phase. I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the company and it was a very well put together interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my coaching styles when it came to teaching different age groups.   1 Answer

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process the Intern, Sales and Services position was thorough. The first contact with Headfirst consisted of a call with a member of the Talent Team to explain the position a little more thoroughly and understand if there were any further questions. After this first contact, times were set up for Skype interviews with the Marketing Associates for both departments I was going to be working with. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The first part of each interview was getting some background on me before progressing into questions and scenarios regarding time management, customer experience, and sales experience. Following this interview, the final interview was with the Marketing Manager of both divisions, and it was very similar with some more details on each question. These interviews were done over the course of approximately 2.5 weeks. In all, the process was very thoughtful and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Time management and handling difficult situations are both important aspects of this internship. Please describe a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in a timely manner. Explain what you did and if there is anything you'd do differently in the future.   Answer Question
    • Being both proactive and reactive are important aspects of customer experience. Please describe a time when you had an adverse situation in which you were proactive about an issue, and please describe a time when you were reactive.   Answer Question

Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Fairly simple, easy going. Just asked about who you are as a general person. If you like kids. Interviewer was interested in me and knew I was qualified.

Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. It was a phone call with a guy and was basically all behavioral. We went through my resume, and he asked me about my experiences. They asked one "how would you handle this situation" question.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a kid did not listen to your coaching because he has a travel ball coach that teaches something different?   Answer Question

Positive Motivator & Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My first contact with the camp I believe was a simple phone call to schedule a skype interview. During the Skype chat, the trainer asked some questions about why I wanted to work at the camp. Following the skype interview I received an email with a job offer. Really quite simple. I think one of the hardest parts was paying money to get my fingerprints taken. I think the cost was around $60, but they do reimburse you if you bring a receipt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at headfirst?

What age group of kids are you most comfortable with?

Have you had any experience coaching or teaching sports in anyway?

Have you had any teaching experiences?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how comfortable I was receiving the wage offered. This is up to negotiation, and if you have skills with coaching or teaching, I would definitely ask for a pay raise.

Camp Counselor/DayCare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applies online and few days later I was sent a email explaining I had a great background and resume and would like a face to face via Skype call. Did the Skype call it was short and sweet with questions basically on how to handle shy children or children that misbehave. The interview was over in less than 10 minutes. I was sent an email for when my first day would be sent out etc. Yet for certain reasons I could not be a full time counselor I could only be a daycare counselor which I already explained. When I sent that email out I was sent this the following day through email: "we have concluded that your skills and relevant experience do not completely match up with our particular search criteria for this summer. Though we cannot currently offer you a position at Headfirst this summer, we certainly agree that you have a wealth of skills and a lot to offer." My best friend who I sent the same job out to work with me got the job and she has No (None) experience in any job and she knew for a fact that I should have got the job with her if not before her.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a shy child to interact with others?   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple, I applied online through my University. After a few days I was called in for an in person interview on campus. On the day of the interview I sat in with HR personnel for about 20 minutes and was asked basic question on my camp experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been like working at a camp? What was your role? Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 year?   Answer Question

Associate, Talent and Legal Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Very, very long interview process. understand that HQ is small and they don't go out with a lot of offers. You get to meet with the most important people at the company and they're able to give you a realistic idea of what the work will be like.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies.

Interview

Initial email contact followed up by scheduled phone call. First round interview and then later told that the position was already filled. Very kind and well spoken on the phone yet I believe the position was filled from the beginning. Have heard good things about the company and will keep an eye out for further openings.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Headfirst Companies (Towson, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Skype interview, very nice lady, basic interview questions like describing your experience, school life, describe your personality and passion for kids. What is your major in school (if you are in school) and how would you handle specific conflicts or situations in the camp.