The New York Foundling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The New York Foundling Interview Questions

Interviews at The New York Foundling

2.7

Case Planner Interview

Interview

After applying through the website I received a call from HR for an interview. I went to headquarters and filled out a ton of paperwork before meeting with Human Resources. The woman was really nice and asked very basic "Tell me about a time when.." questions. Days later I received a call for an interview with the borough supervisors in a different office location. I met with 2 people and they were both really nice as well with great senses of humor. They asked the same situational type of questions. A few days later I received a voicemail from HR. I called back and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What safety issues would you be looking for during a home visit?   Answer Question

The way the position was described to me...I was honestly scared out of it. They made the job sound horrifying and I was not ready for something like that.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (Staten Island, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview takes place with the Director of the program. Director asks a series of questions about your professionalism, problem solving skills and crisis management. During the interview you're asked to describe how you would reach towards difficult clients as well.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions are scenario based, asking what would you do with a foster child who is in crisis.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen/in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR and one with the supervisor. Interview with HR was more general, the HR specialist asked a bunch of standard interview questions such as what are your strengths, tell me about your educational back ground, etc

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process at the Foundling is primarily about assessing ones ability to be compassionate and to handle difficult interpersonal situations. The company has a very friendly office culture and is committed to the children and families they serve, so the interview is more of a way to get to know you and ask you simple situational questions. There is not much preparation needed other than being able to clearly communicate why you want the position, why you're qualified, and difficult situations in the past you have overcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take control of a difficult situation.   Answer Question

SLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy and quick. I came in - met with the recruiter and then with my supervisor,. I got a tour of the place and loved it. I was asked various questions about my previous job. Everyone was very pleassanrt

Family Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The New York Foundling.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a current employee, it was passed to a generalist HR employee. I had a short phone interview with the HR employee and was asked to come in for an in-person interview with her. She abruptly left her position so I was passed off to another HR employee to schedule an interview. I showed up to the interview fifteen minutes early and was asked to fill out a mock home-visit form based on the vignette given. My interview was scheduled for 11, I was not seen till 11:40. Red flag. My interview lasted fifteen minutes with very general questions about my past experience. I was told I would be contacted by the program manager by the end of the week whether or not they were interested in moving forward. It's been almost 2 weeks with no response, and I've reached out to HR and I still haven't heard back. The New York Foundling seems very disorganized and I would warn others who are considering applying here. Pay is very low for a non-profit in NYC, $45k for unlicensed MSW, $46k for LMSW.

Interview Questions

• How do you function with working late hours and/or overtime?   Answer Question

Family Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was two parts, first with hiring manager, then with department heads. I met with the director and supervisor. It was low pressure and a pleasant interview. It lasted about an hour and the hiring manager called me the next day. It took about a month to start after I was hired.

Disability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (New York, NY).

Interview

the first interview is with hr and if they like you, you will have an interview with a manger at the residence. you do fingerprinting and a background check. they do not do drug test.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here
      tell me a time when you work in a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they give you more money based on education.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The New York Foundling (Long Island City, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Was called for the interview after 1 week that I applied. interview was smooth very few and right to the point questions. Make sure to have a plan with your life and show interest. interview lasted about 25mins and then was told she will call me in 3 days. I went home knowing I had this job in the bag. 45 mins later I was called saying I got the position. I was hired through a recruiting agency so I must stay with the company for 3months and then all my benefits go through. going on my 3rd month in 2 weeks and I got to say I love it.