The News Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

1.8

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The News Group (Wheaton, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied online and a few hours later the recruiter called me. She had asked some general questions and explained the position. I was told the hiring manager would call me back in 48 hours. The next day the hiring manager called me and we set up a face to face a few days later. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Field Merchandiser for Select Merchandising Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The News Group (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Met the North Palm Beach Field Manager at a McDonald's. I had submitted my thorough documentation to him electronically, but he insisted that I bring all originals to him. I understand showing original proof of citzenship and driver's liscense, but I am uncomfortable that he has all documentation in electronic format.
    Field Manager talked for 20 minutes straight. Never offered the job. I was on a time frame limitation and he was aware of this, but continued to talk away. Never acted like he'd give me the job. Running out of "chitty-chat" time, I asked him if I had the job and he continued to blab. I asked him again and he agreed that he would hire me.

If you don't mind listening to someone talk constantly with poor English who is difficult to understand, this interview is for you.

Interview Questions

• He may have asked if I had experience. Not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The News Group (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

In person at store to review resume and ask a few questions. Very informal. Walked around store to look at displays to get an idea of an average work area and the physical demands it takes to merchandise a store every week.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to routinely lift heavy boxes   1 Answer

Scanner Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The News Group in December 2009.

Interview

I was pretty much begged to take the job.