The San Jose Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The San Jose Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The San Jose Group.

Interview

asking about former experience in internships and part time jobs, very chill, got back to me in a couple months, HR was nice but overall it seemed a bit weird because he was disorganized

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The San Jose Group.

Interview

It went well. Seth is very professional. He told me a lot about the company. The interview was very basic such as tell me about yourself; why here; why you

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview, personality and interests questions, the interviewer was very nice. He definitely seemed like he wanted to get to know you as a person in addition to knowing more about your background and qualifications. Very clear in terms of explaining the selection process and timeline and appreciates questions at the end. Don't hesitate to let them know what department of preference you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 things you would like to learn if you joined the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The HR director was great! He is very nice. The interview was wonderful, it was the best part of the whole internship... we had a great conversation and the questions were effortless for a conversation rather than just an interview.

Research/Strategic Planning/Consulting JE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward process. I applied, got a call and had a half hour interview asking me the basics. Why I wanted to work for San Jose, what are my skills, why I should get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied via email. Got a response from the HR Department. Set a Skype call with them. It was basically formality, after a few days I got an email getting accepted by the agency for the internship program.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. Just introducing each other and what were my exepctations of the internship program.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Interview

Simply meet with the recruiter and talk about yourself and what you hope to get out of the internship

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Former JE posted opening information on social media, and I sent her my resume. It was an urgent position. 2 or 3 days later the HR sent me an e-mail to schedule on-site interview with the hiring manager. Entering the building needs pre-register (which HR will take care of) The hiring manager asked me a few behavioral questions, followed by some introduction of what the daily job looks like, and asked me if I felt comfortable with it. The overall process ran well and smoothly. The manager immediately decided that she wanted me, and talked to the HR. Then it's official.

Interview Questions

• Not exactly. Some of the questions are similar. For example, what do you think, in the professional perspective, makes you a good candidate? What about in the personal perspective? I meant, these two points sometimes are mixed together, say I'm detail-oriented, can be both professional & personal. Depends on how you explain.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed directly with CEO.
    CEO asked a series of random questions, technological of course. Seemed nice at first, kinda condescending to some degree. 'My developer Jorge was with google'. Me: then why is he here with you and not with them? :)
    No answer, then got called in for a small freelance gig. Acted like it wasn't anything, the 'google guy' rebuffed my recommendations for optimization.

Interview Questions

• None, at least for me. However, it felt more like I was being interviewed for MENSA rather than a web job.   Answer Question

Didn't like the place

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The San Jose Group in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening and two in-person interviews. Quick and painless - office environment was immediately warm and welcoming. I met with four individuals during the first in-person visit and only the CEO on the follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you visited our website? Any suggestions for ways we can improve?   Answer Question