The Service Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Service Companies

1.5

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Simple easy not too long wanted to know about previous experience explained job requirements told of what to expect uniform requirements and costs where to go for assignments and how to dress what the hourly pay would be and when we would get paid

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, they set you up in their system, give you a global cash card for direct deposit if you don't have a bank. Overall very easy interview. I would recommend anyone who's applying to definitely do it don't back out.

Interview Questions

• Are you or any of your family members currently employed with us.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Came inside the office, filled out onboarding documents (30 min.), given a test on server etiquette, reviewed test score to determine whether you made the cut (you need at least 70% to pass), if you pass you become a server. If not, you are offered concessions, bar back, polisher, or busser. Either way, you walk out with a job. They hire on-the-spot.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to define different pieces of catering equipment and describe banquet serving protocol (ex. what side do you deliver food/beverages, what side do you clear, what is it called when servers deliver food in synchronicity)   Answer Question

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arecibo, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Arecibo, PR) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was awesome. My bosses at the time were very clear on the job that they needed done. They very clearly explained all details of the job. I was more than ready mentally and physically for what would be expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Discribe yourself in the three words without using the word hardworking   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Service Companies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My overall interview was good I enjoyed the management team there and they all were very supportive in the process of hiring and interviewing. Once hired the employees there were very nice , supportive and the customers , too. Overall I was a Temp employee looking for a permanent spot with Gap.INC .

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available? How well do you work with others?   Answer Question

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Primm, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Primm, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

There is no interview. If you have a pulse they will hire you. You don't even have to speak English. Everyone that showed up was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Evs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview it was fun and they hired everyone in the interview they are asking can u handle different things that come with the job and giving u background about the compamy

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I spoke with the HR Director on the phone then went in for an interview. We talk about the Company, the goals and expectations, and my past work experience.

Interview Questions

The Service Companies Response

Jan 7, 2017 – Director of Employee Relations

Thank you for providing this information. It seems like all important items were covered during your interview. We will continue to think of ways to make interviews move from average to great!

SSC Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Williamsburg, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Walk-ed in, be sure to follow up as they do seem to forget new hires. Manager will profile you and see if you can manage the physical demands of the workload. Generally 15 hours of overtime weekly and 9$/hour. Be sure to show you work hard and have a valid driver's license. Industry is seasonal so salary may fall after the holiday periods (i was never around to see this first hand). They will say you're just sitting in a car all day. Its way more physical than that.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in Salary, Raises are rare. Your best bet is more overtime.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Service Companies (Bangkok (Thailand)) in March 2011.

Interview

I passed test from my exchange agency
    Interview with ICEO via skype
    Called the company HR and had interviewed thru the phone.

Interview Questions

• Interview with ICEO took more time but none of difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew wage before i had an interview.