The So Cal Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The So Cal Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The So Cal Group

2.2

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The So Cal Group.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a week later to set up an initial phone screen. Phone screen was pretty standard, and they asked me to set up a time for a virtual interview through HireVue. This interview consisted of pre-recorded videos of current So Cal Group employees asking questions, and then the applicant recording themselves answering the questions. Overall, pretty general questions with a focus on how your personality/background would fit into their culture and what value you will bring.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work culture do you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2020 – HR

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to interview with us and for your review as well. Wishing you all the best.

Entry Level Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The So Cal Group.

Interview

1. Phone screen.
    2. HireVue video recording.
    3. In-person, one-on-one w/ management.
    4. Email questions.

I'm sure this is great for someone straight out of college who wants to do sales. They are indeed upfront about it being performance-based and goal-oriented and the need to put in work, and I believe them when they say they are really trying to foster future leaders. Was really excited about the opportunity when I saw how great the office culture and camaraderie looked.

That being said, they are VERY cryptic about what the nature of the job entails--understandably so, as it is difficult to get college graduates on board with a door-to-door sales position, albeit entry level. I got to the end with an offer and I still couldn't explain what I would be doing. I take partial responsibility for not asking more in depth, but as an employer they have a greater duty to be clear from the get-go and not be so reliant on the smoke-and-mirrors of the program.

TLDR; The company is transparent about the fact that the work is demanding, performance-based, and growth-oriented, but it does a very bad job at explaining the day-to-day and the compensation model.

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're happy to hear that you were able to gain a good understanding of who we are and where we're going. We do try to be as up-front as possible about the nature of the work that we do (B2B direct sales). If you review the Leadership Development Program website we have created, it details the job responsibilities and the entire training program. Specifically, the page labeled "details" has a lot of information regarding the sales training and why it is valuable training for us, our team and our clients. In our ads and online we mention "face-to-face sales" as much as possible, so that there is no confusion.

From your review, it sounds like the information we provided was TLDR (too long so you didn't read it) and now you're unhappy that you didn't read it. The details on the Leadership Development Program site are bullet-pointed and pretty easy to scan through.
    For anyone else that wants to review the program details, they are all listed there. You can search "The So Cal Group Leadership Development Program" and the website should pop up. There is also a full-page (under details) that lists out the compensation structure for our sales reps.

We welcome any questions during the interview process, during new hire orientation, or during employment.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to meet with us. Hopefully, in your next role, you're able to take the time to read the information that is provided to you. Wishing you all the best!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview, a Hire Vue video recording interview, and an in-person interview. These took place within half a week but they hid details on what the Account Executive would be selling and how EXTREMELY LOW the pay was.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my sales experience, leadership experience, and where I wanted to be in 5-10 years. Some other standard issue interview questions as well.   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2019 – HR

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback. We try to be as up front as possible about the nature of the work we do. Due to the contracts we have with our clients, we are not able to list compensation online. We try to be as clear as possible listing out several times that the position is Entry-Level and performance-based to avoid any issues. If there was an issue with compensation, we wish you would have mentioned it at the time. Hopefully you were able to find a better match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

1st got a phone call the day after I applied, giving me a little pitch on what they were offering. Afterwards, they scheduled a HireView recorded interview for the next day (and put a somewhat obnoxious limit on submission, seeing as it's an AI-reviewed process)

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jun 21, 2019 – HR

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Apologies for the time limit on submissions. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Carson, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

the interview was done through the third party video website Hire Vue. It was a preliminary interview so I didn't know what to expect but I think it went well

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for the feedback. We are actually based in Torrance. Thanks for taking the time to interview with us. We hope you're doing well!

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Torrance, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The first part of the process was a phone call from HR. Next, I received an email link to complete an online interview. It was pretty cool and different from the traditional face-to-face as the 1st interview. You are able to record your response and rerecord if you need to. The 2nd interview is with the assistant manager. The usual questions of situational experience and our reaction to a situations.

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to interview and meet with us. We appreciate it!

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Sent in resume and was asked to do a video interview. The video interview was strange, it asked questions and I had to record my answers. The questions were typical questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jun 21, 2019 – HR

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us. We wish you the best in the future!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Portland, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

There was an online interview followed by an in-person interview. Very quick and efficient. When calling to inquire about the interview process they were very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to meet with us. We hope you're doing well!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Torrance, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Classic Multi Level Marketing Company. You have no base salary at first, comp structure is designed in a way that the people higher above you will benefit from the hard work you do. Literally walking into stores and convincing them to switch to a voip service.
    The facebook pictures and website make it look like a dream company to work for.

You apply online and hear back from them immediately. Don't be surprised if you get a call on a weekend. They didn't ask me many questions on the phone and sent me an email with a link for 'hirevue' online recording interview. Then they call you in on the day you mention you are available.
    You visit their Torrance head quarters and meet with the group who is going to interview you. Later you go to a cafe for the next part of the interview, for me i was paired with another candidate and it was a little awkward at first untill the whole interview turned into a sales pitch where the interviewer was hard selling why I should join the company.
    You have to email them the same day why you want to work for them. The more desperate you are for a job the easier you can fall for it.

Interview Questions

The So Cal Group Response

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Hi Reviewer! We actually do not condone any multi-level marketing tactics or illegal business practices. We are a privately owned and operated firm. We don't work with any clients that sell VoIP services, and we do not work on the weekends. At times, we experience hiring demands from our clients, so we have to move the interview process along quickly. We do not conduct group interviews, and we are very selective about the candidates that we bring on board. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, and we wish you the best.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The So Cal Group (Torrance, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email 2 days later with a video interview link. Gave the video interview and was asked to come in for a second face to face interview the next day. I was hired via email 2 days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Jan 14, 2020 – HR

Hi Interviewer! Thanks for taking the time to interview with us, and for the feedback. We wish you all the best!