The Virginian Pilot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Virginian Pilot

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Virginian Pilot

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Virginian Pilot (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Very simple, multiple interviews with reporters and editors. It was a very laid back atmosphere, low pressure. It was a series of interviews over two days, but they were slow getting back to me with a decision.

Interview Questions

• They were very focused on teamwork, and asked a lot of questions about the types of stories and subjects I'd be interested in.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Virginian Pilot (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Lengthy "targeted selection" interview with several staff reporters and editors. Took full day of interviews and writing/style tests. "Give me a situation where X happened and how did you solve it" or "Describe a time when X happened and what steps did you take to solve it" or "How do you deal with edits, etc,etc

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had a conflict with a source and how did you overcome that?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Virginian Pilot (Norfolk, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Targeted selection interviewing. I enjoy this method of interviewing and the questions didn't disappoint.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Virginian Pilot (Norfolk, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. One-on-one was used with a Design evaluation skill set test as part of the hiring process. Follow up interviews & testing resulted. Didn't get the job. No longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to take a timed design evaluation to gauge skillset   Answer Question