Thinkwell Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thinkwell Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group.

Interview

Easy interview with VP of People. Looking to see if you fit culture and will perform basic duties. Only negative experience was that interviewer was late for interview. Also had interviews with heads of department and immediate supervisor.

3D Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on Monday. Was contacted within hours to set up a "meet and greet" interview on Wednesday. When I went in for interview, senior HR person and an artist greeted me. They were all smiles and seemed really excited to meet me. Within minutes it was clear that all they wanted to know was how proficient I was with MAYA. After it was clear that I knew how to use the software they sent me home with a 6 hour art test. After completing and submitting the art test within the time limit and according to their specifications they never responded again.
    Whatever the case may have been have the professional courtesy to respond since I did give you 6 free hours of my time and it take less than a minute to write an email.
    In retrospect it all makes sense, it seems they had a deadline for completing 120 or so 3D models. I guess if you can fool 20 artists to each make a model in 6 hours then you only have 100 models to worry about. Would not recommend. If this is how Thinkwell handles things, stay far far away.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use MAYA   1 Answer

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter for a bit first and then met with the team. We went over my past experience, why I wanted to work here and what I would bring to the table. We also went over the code samples I submitted. I think they liked that I used multiple devices for my code sample.

Interview Questions

• The asked me if I had experience with location-based experiences.   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

They arranged an interview but it turned out to be just several questions through email with their HR. They asked me general questions like what experience I have had before, and what kind of arts I do.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview after emailing a few months after I visited the office. I emailed asking if there were openings, got a reply a day later, and scheduled the interview for the following day. It was pretty standard and we just talked about a few interesting jobs I'd had in the past and what my experience was.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Burbank, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I met with the Director of Talent Management, Outreach & Recruitment for an informational interview first. She asked about my experience and we discussed what position at the company might be the right fit. Then, a few months later I was brought in to interview with the director and a department head before being offered the position. This seems fairly typical. The company tends to have "meet and greets" and keep people on their radar in advance of having an actual position open up. Within a few days of my interview, I received a phone call from the director to discuss the details of the offer and then received an emailed copy of the official offer letter that I had to sign and return.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. They offered me the position at a particular rate and I accepted. I may have felt more empowered to negotiate if I had more experience to bring to the role at the time.

Show/Set Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Burbank, CA).

Interview

email, interview, telephone call random questions about your work status, contract

my interviewers didnt even show up. no detailed description of responsibilities and duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked how much my last employer paid.

Show Set Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thinkwell Group (Burbank, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Too fast, vague with the responsibilities, company, and pretty much just said are you willing to work, and how much?

They brought in a couple of imposters to interview me. They claimed to have professional licenses, but they didn't. If not their titles were fudge to sound like they were. If not, they would say they were licensed, but didn't say exactly what discipline. A lot of 10% true, 90% false answers.

Interview Questions

• May I see your portfolio, what did you do at your last company, and what tools do you use.   1 Answer