Thomas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thomas

2.5

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

HR first you will get the regular HR questions
    Then the Hiring manager will interview you. Mostly they are looking for a rounded individual who has Industrial experience in a ton of different things
    The Personality Test. Since we are very team oriented we do the soclizing test.
    Then the VP of the division tests you

SEO Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomas.

Interview

Initially very responsive and professional. Consisted of three rounds, a phone interview, in-person interview, then an assignment to assess capability of effectively communicating data to a client. Was informed that I would have a response within 2 business days. Didn't receive an update for a week until I reached out and requested an update.

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The job description from Thomas Publishing was not clear in the number of years required. The description said a year and over required. The recruiter basically told me I was overqualified.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The NY recruiter was very attentive and helpful. She gave me feedback on each interview that I did. She made me feel comfortable when I was nervous. Overall the experience was great. I think the HR team do a great job during the hiring process.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Thomas in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in a phone interview, she was very friendly and asked basic background questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was very persistent about asking for salary expectations and past salary information.   Answer Question

I received a different offer.

Interview

Agency pre-liminary interview w/ discussion of overall experieince,intrests, goals then I was referred to Thomas Publishing for an interview as a productions assisitant. Met with the HR department at the NY HQ the recruiter was very nice but I was her last interview before she quit. She asked many questions told me about the job and then warned me about my potential manager that his personality was a little over the top and not to let that throw me off or offend and then she took me back to tour the dept. and interview with the manager. That interview lasted 3 mins. and was over and I left. Didn't get the impression that the interview went well w/the manager but that afternoon I was made an offer and the accepted and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they made an offer take it or leave it

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a standard interview my resume was submitted by a recruiter to HR. HR reviewed and called me in for an interview. The job was described, I was given a tour of the company and introduced to the department and who I would be reporting too, shown where I would be possibly be working and then escorted out, the interview was complete. I was given an estimate on when a decision would be made and we said good bye.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle high volume, multiple deadlines & high pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 1 in-person interview with hiring manager, and one last in-person interview with hiring manager and director (individually).

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas in July 2012.

Interview

Very easy, Questions asked where of my background and how I could apply my skills to the company. Basically How could I interact with customers. The HR rep was terrible, she setup the time but didn't even show up at all. HR department is very disorganized. But the department I interviewed with was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• My favorite superhero? was one of the questions but other than that it was pretty standard ( Who and what do you think thomasnet does?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted about two weeks after sending in my resume. Had a phone interview with the HR contact than an in-person interview with HR and the manager. Provided a writing test. Then a final interview with the manager, her director and the content manager. Offered the job about a week later!

Interview Questions

• Not too many out of the ordinary questions. Just wanted to know about how my previous experience would fit into this, future goals, etc.   Answer Question