Thorpe Park Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Thorpe Park Interview Questions

Interviews at Thorpe Park

2.2

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Group interview
    Ice breaker which was building Lego then maths test availability and hazard spotting then interview
    Really easy and nice interviewers. Although took nearly 2 hours but went quick don’t stress.

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Staines, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had to present team group presentations and one on one interview. Fun, social and met a lot of people. One on one was relaxed and easy going, never felt intimidated and although process was long (took all day) never got bored or tired.

Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Chertsey, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online in July after being forced to move away from the house in Essex I was living in at the time. The interview was less than a week after I had applied.

As it was my third season and I had received positive feedback from higher-ups before, the interview was more a formality than anything else.

It involved a maths quiz, group activities (Drawing the face of a partner on a balloon and writing about them, then playing Bingo to find out more about other potential candidates followed by a team activity in which you had to decide the top 10 things to have on hand when on a burning lifeboat and take the first two items to your table. After that was a tower-building exercise and lastly 1:1 interviews.

Those who were sucessful at this stage then went to group presentations about Merlin as a company, health and safety and food hygeine and safety.

Interview Questions

• What was Thorpe Park missing without you there?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Chertsey, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, was a very lazy and immature process. only positive of this interview was meeting new people and completing one stage where we would have to try and sell a product (sold at thorpe park) to the members of staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you get to thorpe park?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Chertsey, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview within 3 days. Got offered a job just over a week after applying. Group interview style with around 30 people to a group. We completed group activities like role play whilst being assessed and then had a very brief one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Staines, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Group Interview with around 20 people- Split into small teams in which you complete short tasks which you present back. You are assessed by various managers/teamleaders. After the group tasks you do a quick 1-1 interview. Overall a very calm and relaxed process but do show that you are keen and want the job, don't sit back and let others take over.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about making sure guests had a good time?   1 Answer

Rides and Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thorpe, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Thorpe, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

You start off by being put into groups, and are asked to do various group tasks such as: come up with a new attraction for Thorpe Park. You do a numeracy, hazard perception, eye sight and colour blindness tests. Finally you do a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think good customer service is.   1 Answer
    • If you are going for your lunch break, and a guest approaches you wanting help, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • If a guest's parent is in a bad mood because his child wasn't allowed on a ride, what do you do?   1 Answer

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview process followed by one-to-one interview. Group interview process consisted of fairly simple group tasks and ice breakers. Process took an hour or two but wasn't anything too bad, just spending time watching corporate waffle.

Site Presentations Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Staines, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, very comfortable - it started by me waitin in the Business Reception area, located to the left of the ticket sale desks. In the reception was very clean, organized and modern, having flat screens showing videos of the park, leather chairs to sit and a radio playing UK Chart songs.

After having signed in, having my Passport and Proof of Address checked, the lady at Reception asked me to sit and the Site Presentations Line Manager would arrive shortly for my interview.

About 10 minutes later the Line Manager arrived, welcome himself, we exchanged hand shakes and I was then taken into a small office behind reception where there was a Team Leader there also to write down my answers to the interview questions.

The whole interview took approximately 20-30 minutes. Both my interviewers were extremely welcoming, kind and open to any questions I asked.

After the interview I was told they would let me know within Seven days if I had gotten the job - we said goodbye and exchanged handshakes again.

Rides & Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thorpe Park (Chertsey, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First, you apply online, if your are successful in your application your get invited to an interview. When you arrive, you will meet other candidates and then make your way to the assessment center. Once their you will get a presentation about merlin and Thorpe by HR. You will then do a bunch of activities based on park knowledge, sales and customer interaction, however, its more about how you do these activities and not the outcome as managers watch closely during. They want to see you take leadership and initiative in these activities and not just lay back. once this is done you have a one to one interview with someone in management. at this stage, they will ask what department you want to apply for and a bunch of other questions. If successful they will email your within a week for your rides induction (or for any other department).